Friday 24 February 2012

18th Birthday

It was Philippa's 18th last Friday - she had a great day. We had a family meal at Frankie and Benny's then she went ice skating with her boyfriend. At night the four of us went into town to the bar where Michael works - he was on shift and we had a great night; hic hic
Philly and her boyfriend
I haven't made any special cakes for a while but decided to make Philly a black and white flower cake. I was really pleased how it turned out. I have to more birthday cakes to make in March, a 60th and a 75th.
Philly's cake
I have been busy all week stitching my piece on Julie's RR for Needlecraft Haven - I do have more time but it has to go to Dusty next and the Mini RR also needs to fly over the pond to her so if I send the two together it saves the postage :)

Julie has chosen Debbie Draper's My Little Book of Stitches from The Gift of Stitching - it was lovely to do, thanks Julie.
Julie's RR
My other colleague has had a little girl so I can start stitching Piglet now although I must do my Spring piece for the Needlecraft Haven Season Exchange as that needs sending off soon.

Have a great weekend everyone, thanks for popping by.

4 comments:

Hazel said...

Looks like Philly had a great time. Nice cake too. The RR piece is lovely. I have that printed off to do one day. X

Julie said...

Lovely pic of Philly on her birthday.
The cake looks delicious, yum yum.
Woohoo.... The RR looks fab, thanks.

Christine said...

Glad Philly had a good birthday, the cake is gorgeous.
Great stitching on Julies RR too

Anonymous said...

Hello

Just visiting your blog.

That birthday cake looks delicious.

Lovely RR too.