Tuesday 6 November 2018

Belated Halloween Exchange

Needlecraft Haven's Halloween Exchange was great fun with gorgeous ornaments stitched by all. My partner to send to was Christine and when I saw the black cat by Durene Jones in Just Cross Stitch Halloween magazine 2018 I knew it was perfect.

For my birthday in September Christine had kindly given me some Pumpkin Patch hand dyed fabric from Sparklies - perfect for her cat!

I struggled to find a Halloween card but our visit to a National Trust property on our way home from holiday had the perfect one.

Lacock card and Spooky Cat ornament 
Unfortunately my exchange parcel did not arrive in time for Halloween and as we have been away for the weekend I didn't receive it until yesterday. Dusty stitched me a lovely ornament with button eyes and a spider charm. She also sent a great card, Halloween kitchen towel and a butterfly threader - thank you Dusty.
Halloween ornament from Dusty
My Halloween Exchange parcel
 I have a few more gifts to stitch for this month and next and Needlecraft Haven's Christmas Ornament Exchange to do so I will only be able to share these photos as the relevant dates occur. I will however soon be posting about my tree at church - this year I have not stitched ornaments but they are still crafty .... all will be revealed soon!

8 comments:

FlashinScissors said...

Lovely stitching, Clare!
Christine’s fabric was just right for the gorgeous cat stitchery! Great card too ..... love the owl!
Such lovely gifts from Dusty, the Butterfly threader will be sooo useful!
Hugs,
Barbara xx

Carol said...

What a cute piece you stitched for the exchange, Clare! That fabric is perfect for it, too. Glad you were able to locate a Halloween card, too. And what a nice piece from Dusty! Hope your November is off to a good start!

Christine said...

I love my ornament Clare! The one you received from Dusty is gorgeous too

Julie said...

The cat in the round is gorgeous, a perfect gift for Christine.
Nice parcel from Dusty that arrived safely with you.

Astrids dragon said...

Both Halloween pieces are great, what a fun exchange! That fabric is perfect for the cat.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That was a great exchange. The cat design is perfect for Christine and I love the card you sent too.

Bethan said...

Lovely stitching, and both great sets of exchange items x

rosey175 said...

How nice when a design knows who to go to! I really like this one. You had a great exchange!