Monday, 21 September 2026

A wedding gift & my birthday

I stitched a wedding gift for my hairdresser and her hubby. It's a second wedding for both and they married in Zante, one of the Greek Islands.

With lots of careful chatting at each appointment and a sneaky question about which metal their rings would be I sorted neutral colours and gold rings.

After decorating our lounge I had lots of wallpaper left over - we did one wall but because of pattern matches had to buy three rolls. So I put it to good use as wrapping paper and cut out a flower as the label, I found a few buttons to finish it off.

Earlier in September it was my birthday, how am I now 61?

We went away for a few days, I took some cards and gifts with me to open on the day, there were more waiting when I arrived home - thank you to all my family and my friends, you are very kind.

These three envelopes filled my heart - my most special names 


I received some superb wines, one of which we had on holiday, and some lovely gifts as well as a huge array of cards





But these were my favourite gifts 


It's been a busy September so far, lots of lovely days which I will be posting about in my other blog Wine, Food and Travel with Clare 




3 comments:

Carol said...

Happy Birthday, Clare! I'm a decade ahead of you at 71 so 61 sounds wonderful :) Lovely gifts and cards you received and the gift for your hairdresser is so pretty! Happy autumn!

diamondc said...

Happy Blessed Birthday Clare: It looks like you had a fun time, the gifts are lovely, as are the cards, love the Wedding gift for your hairdresser.

Catherine

DJ said...

Happy Birthday, Clare! It sounds like you had a wonderful time away and received lovely gifts from family and friends. The wedding sampler you stitched is lovely and so thoughtfully done! I love the wallpaper you wrapped it in. Looks like you're coming right along with your 12 days project. You've received some lovely pieces! I'm looking forward to seeing how you finish them! Happy Stitching!