Friday, 26 December 2008

* * Thank you * Thank you * Thank you * *

I have had such a brilliant Christmas made even more special by the wonderful gifts I have received from my stitchy friends. I hope you enjoy looking at my new stash as much as I will enjoy "playing" with it all.

Big thanks to Julie - for these two gorgeous Christmas Frames - I will search for a small chart to fit both and stitch them for next Christmas to have pride of place on our mantle - thank you Julie.

Thanks to my my friend Cathy who lives in the USA - she has sent me some beautiful Caron threads - I will have many hours of fun thinking about how to use them.

Karan sent me a beautiful religious chart - thank you Karan. I doubt whether I will stitch it fro this coming Easter but it will definately be one to do in the future.


I joined quite a few of the JA exchanges this year and I have already shared the ornament and teh card exchanges - thanks to both my partners. Polly sent me some beautiful stash for the £5 exchange - a skein of Ultra-Suede, The Dye is Cast (New Day)thread, 32ct lugana and some fab transparent sticky notes (now won't they be great for making notes on charts)- thanks Polly.


Angie was my partner for JA Secret Stash £15 - the goods she sent were fabulous in all my favourite colours - thanks Angie you're a star. Parcel parcel had:- 4 skeins of DMC perle 5#, 3 packets of stain cord, "Anemone" Pure Silk ribbon, and 22ct, 28ct and 32ct fabric in beautiful pastel shaeds. I am so spolit -thanks Angie.


I organised the JA "No stash for Christmas" exchange which was great fun. I sent a parcel to Karan which I really enjoyed putting together. My stash arrived from Dusty in USA. There was a lovely pair of socks(already worn and in the wash, a fridge magnet, Pumpkin Patch room freshener, handmade recycled writing paper, flower stickers, and flower pattern sticky notes (another new one on me). Thank you Dusty for a wonderful array of non-stitching pressies.


and my good friend in Norway, Hege, sent 10 Krenik skeins of Silk Mori (such a huge treat), a small hardanger and blackwork chart, and a beautiful chart "Flower Samplers Book 1" by Hillside Samplings. I don't know which chart to do first, or shall I go look for something fro the Krenik - thank Hege, you really spoilt me.




I do hope everyone had a good day yesterday and that you all still have the holiday feeling for a few more days. We're off to Twickenham tomorrow to see the rugby, Harlequins v Leicester Tigers, DD is so excited.

Our two children suddenly look very grown up this year, especially yesterday, so we took some photos - enjoy.



7 comments:

Kathy said...

Oooo lovely piccies Clare, hope you and yours are well, and hope you all had a great Christmas.

HAPPY NEW YEAR HUN.

Hugs

xxxxxx

Julie said...

Beautiful pics of you all

Lovely gifts, i saw the Tigers drew, hope it was a good game.

{{hugs}}

Zhenya and Nika Aksutin said...

Hello! My name is Nika! I so like your blog! We are from Russia. My husband and I to work with students. We organize many clubs to construct attitudes friendship and to speak them about the Christ. I have ladys club, we to do hand made cards, scrapbook, quilt and crosstitch. It is good opportunity to testify about our God and His love! Every Saturday I have craft club for ladyes. We do cards, quilt, crochet, cross stitch too. It very not usual and new to Russian culture. I to study from different blogs how to make cards, made quilt and to use different technics. We are missionary to the Far East Russia. We are russian. We live in city Birobidzhan, it is the Jewish region in Russia. A lot of Jews live here. They have synagogues and to celebrate religious holidays. But many of them do not know the Christ. We have 2 daughters. Polina is 8 years and Liliya is 2 years.And if you are interesting about us I shall be glad give answer to you. I will glad if you can write me.Sorry my English.
Nika

--
You can vizit to my blog http://christforchristglory.blogspot.com
and our family ministry blog
http://fareastrussiaforgodsglory.blogspot.com

Clare - Aimetu said...

Nika - thank you for reading my blog - I will be visiting your blog to see your work - Clare

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow! You've gotten some fantastic exchanges! How much fun that must of been to send and receive!

Always smiling said...

Wonderful photos, and such lovely pressies..

Chris x

Karan said...

Lovely family pics Clare. :0)
Fab gifts & exchanges. Thanks again for all my exchange goodies - it was such a pleasure to open everything & I bless you every time I put those bedsocks on. LOL :0)