Monday 22 April 2019

Easter time

We were away from Good Friday until Easter Sunday, you can read about our weekend on my travel blog Aimetu's.

Before we went I made some Easter treats: chocolate nests, Easter biscuits and a simnel cake for my Mum.
Simnel cake
I did put my ornaments out and decorated my Easter tree which is an old branch from my Grandmother's twisted hazelnut tree. I have just one stitched egg ornament from an exchange a few years ago, I should maybe stitch a few more for next year, especially as each year at least one of the other eggs breaks.

Easter Tree
Chick plant pot
Easter Ornament 
Our new door minder
Today is opening day for the Easter Exchange at Needlecraft Haven. For this exchange we had to make an Easter ornament for our partner and include a card with a sweet treat in the parcel. 

My partner was Julie who I know loves bunnies so I stitched this cute bobtail. I made it into a small pocket hanger and included two malteser bunnies. I also sent Julie some M&Ms eggs and a pack if decorative eggs I found in the supermarket.  
Ornament for Julie
Perfect pocket for Easter treats
Easter Exchange parcel for Julie
My parcel came from Astrid who lives in the USA, she sent a variety of treats. It's always good to try  new things, I especially like marshmallow, it will be interesting to try the Peeps. Astrid also sent some cute socks, perfect for my recovering foot a d a  beautiful handmade card. My ornament was a wooden basket with a beautiful stitched panel on the front, I'm already thinking about how it will be displayed each year. Thank you so much Astrid for a lovely exchange parcel.
My exchange parcel from Astrid
The wooden Easter basket from Astrid 
I hope you have all had a good Easter, our weather has been amazing so we have been able to enjoy the garden as the spring flowers bloom. 

9 comments:

Kate said...

Lovely gifts that were exchanged.

Mary said...

What lovely exchanges!! Such a sweet little box from Astrid. The hanging for Julie is so sweet too!! And, that cake!!! Oh my, it looks scrumptious!

RJ said...

So many great stitches Clare. I love what you made for Julie. All the goodies you made sound wonderful. YUM!!! I know you had a great weekend. Here in Florida we had a terrible storm and had no power from Good Friday until Easter but we are back to normal again. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

MartinaM said...

Also here in Germany we had nice, sunny weather. Perfect to enjoy the days outside. Very pretty Easter ornaments can be seen with you.
Greetings, Martina

Christine said...

Lovely exchange gifts Clare, and the simnel cake looks delicious

Julie said...

Super basket Astrid decorated for you and lots of lovely goodies in the parcel too.
Thank you for my beautiful parcel x

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely Easter display. That twisted branch is wonderful! It really displays the eggs well.
Nice exchange gifts too.

Astrids dragon said...

Sweet decorations, that chick is great!
I love the bunny you made with it's little pouch, perfect for sweet treats.
I'm glad you like your exchange, have you tried the PEEPS yet?

FlashinScissors said...

I have never had Simnel cake ..... and I just love marzipan! Must look out a recipe. I know I could buy a cake but I’d rather make one!
Lovely Easter decorations! Great gift you made for Julie, and super basket from Astrid! Very tempting goodies you both sent too!
Hugs,
Barbara xx