Wednesday 24 November 2021

Topsy Turvy November - Spring

This month's TT SAL is all about Spring. I have spent a lovely time looking through all stash and online for my spring design. I did find some lovely freebie designs which I shared in my GG November post and on Facebook in the Topsy Turvy Group.

So what did I choose ... nothing. I had no inspiration at all. I only stitch things with a known outcome ... an exchange, a gift, something for our home, and I just couldn't find the right thing or right purpose.

That was until I found a UFO in my box. In 2010 I did a Round Robin with members of Needlecraft Haven. I cannot find any details about it as the forum we used is no longer available, I might still have the card I sent with my piece so I'll go hunting later.

Anyway, my piece was a tablecloth on the theme of seasons. It's beautiful stitching using Lizzie Kate's design and of course includes spring. So how am I using it in this month's Topsy Turvy, well it isn't finished, sadly it has just sat in my box. 


I have planned out my hardanger edging and made a start. This will be my work for TT SAL this month and December, but I'm not sure how much I will get finished. I hope I keep the enthusiasm and it will be on our table sometime in 2022, as you can see it's been folded up quite a while!




4 comments:

diamondc said...

Clare: I am looking forward to seeing how this comes out, I like the idea of topsy turvy, sounds like fun, I do wish it were spring, we are just coming into winter brrrr.

Catherine

butterfly said...

You always pick out some lovely designs .
Looking forward to your progress .

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a lovely idea to stitch this for the Topsy Turvy SAL, such nice memories in the piece too.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

I also find it is easier to stitch when I have an end purpose in mind. It will be great to see your tablecloth when it is finished.