Tuesday 10 May 2022

Fully Finished Objects in May

 

Rachel, Ten Hour Stitcher, hosts Fully Finished Objects, a super chance for us to show and tell about the crafty items we have completely finished. Thanks Rachel, your FFO prompt each month really helps me finish my projects, especially my letters for this year church tree.

My first FFO was the Easter card I made for Mary as part of the Needlecraft Haven Easter Exchange. Mary sent me a lovely card that I am hoping to turn into an ornament but I didn't have time for this month's check in. 


I have received so many beautiful letters for the Alphabet Tree. I'm loving finishing them as they arrive, my box is full of super ornaments. I received the A and M from Gill, she has already sent her own initials but has stitched these for one of the Needlecraft Haven ladies who is unwell and cannot stitch her own. You are so kind Gill, thank you. 


Can you guess who sent these two letters? Thank you DJ they are so so pretty, you are very kind. 


I have stitched finished six letters; some are the DMC pattern and two the Assisi. The letters are: 

I - Iris, my maternal grandmother 
E - Ernest, my maternal grandfather 
K - Keith, my stepdad
J - John, my mother-in-law's partner
R - Ronald, my father-in-law 

And a special letter, the only one in white, for Sybil, my mother-in-law who passed earlier this year. Yellow roses were her favourite. 





I haven't made anything else up this month although I do have some stitching that needs finishing. Hopefully I can have a making up day sometime soon. 


5 comments:

butterfly said...

Love the Easter cards , and the letters are beautiful.

diamondc said...

Greetings Clare: They are all so beautiful.
I am looking forward to seeing the initial tree.

Catherine

Suzanne H said...

The Easter card is lovely! I used to make cards with my stitching but haven't in a while. Your letter collection is growing each month. Beautiful assortment!

Mary's Thread said...

The letters this month are just lovely!

Rachel said...

Another collection of lovely letters for your tree. Thank you for showing them in the FFG SAL for May. :)