Thursday 15 December 2022

Gifted Gorgeousness in December

 


Gifted Gorgeousness is hosted each month by the lovely Jo at Serendipitous Stitching. GG, on the 15th of each month, is when we share our latest gifts. These can be gifts given or received, or any item made using fabric, threads, buttons, ribbon, chart, backing fabric that has been gifted. If you visit Jo's blog you'll find the links to everyone's Gifted Gorgeousness posts.

This is the final GG of 2022, thank you Jo for hosting this super blog sharing every month. 

My first GG is from Mary at Mary's Thread  who sent these gorgeous letters for the Alphabet Tree. Thank you Mary, you are very kind to stitch for the tree.




My second GG is also for the Alphabet Tree. Barbara of The Flashing Scissors  sent these lovely letters, although they arrived after the tree was up I managed to finish them and add them when we visited the church. Thank you Barbara, you are very kind to stitch for the tree. 



Here are all the letters (not including Barbara's) I have received. I am so touched by everyone's generosity and kindness. There are detailed photos of the tree in my Alphabet Tree post, I have tried to take photos to show everyone's letter. 


Hubby and I visited the church last Saturday, it looks amazing. Pop back to my post St Lawrence's Christmas Tree Festival  to see all the beautiful trees with such a variety of decorations.

December is the Christmas Ornament Exchange at Needlecraft Haven, always a fun exchange. We open our gifts on 1st December so our ornaments can be included in our decorations. 

I stitched this cute owl by Durene Jones. My gift was for Christine of The Alchymyst's Study, I included a little treat and one of my upcycled cards. 


Christine sent to me, I received this lovely snowman ornament and card. My jingly ornament is hanging on our tree, thank you Christine.


Although for Christmas I can share these humbugs. I stitched two, one for our daughter and her fiance, and one for our son and his girlfriend. I gave them along with their advent calendars so they can hang them on their trees. 

The humbugs are by Faby Reilly and are part of a set of four, she has individual charts too. Her designs are lovely and come as downloads so instant purchases. Her prices are very good and occassionally she has a massive sale. 



I have a few more GG pieces but as with my Fully Finished Objects they will have to wait until January's posts to share. 

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas 🎄

6 comments:

diamondc said...

Merry Christmas Clare: The Alphabet Tree is a lovely idea.
Your Humbugs are beautiful, the snowman gifted ornament is so sweet.
I have had the Maltesers before a friend brought some back from Great Britain, they are so yummy.
The Owl is a hoot, giggles so cute, a lovely finish.

Catherine

DJ said...

What a lovely collection of letters your friends sent you, your tree will look gorgeous decked out in all the lovely ornaments! I love the ornaments you made for your children, those humbugs are so pretty! I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas and a bright and Happy New Year! x

jocondine said...

Great alphabet tree, the church decoration must be amazing. The humbugs are lovely and this different shape really nice. Joyeuses fêtes de Noël ! Bisous. xxx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month, and all year too.
Your letters made a wonderful decorative tree.
The humbugs are very cute too.
Lovely exchanges as usual.

Astrids dragon said...

All the letters are fantastic and your exchanges are very sweet!
Your humbugs are lovely, I'm sure they'll be treasured.

FlashinScissors said...

Great post Clare!
All the letters look fabulous! You’ve finished them so nicely!
Love all your other gifted stitching too and especially the bird for Christine and her snowman for you.
Happy Christmas!
Hugs,
Barbara xx