Sunday 25 February 2024

WIPocalypse February

WIPocalypse is hosted by Mel at Measi's Mutterings   I currently have two WIP projects I want to focus on. 

I have only worked on my tablecloth this month. Now I have completed the buttonhole stitch all the way around I can start on the hardanger design. I don't have a chart but it seems to fall naturally into a pattern, even the corner. I am satin stitching around the cross stitched designs.

This is how far I have done this month.



Next month I will be working on my embroidery piece for the stitch a day in March. This is an online SAL with Clare at Hello! Hooray! 

I haven't done any since 2022 and I'd really like to finish it. I'm enjoying learning about the various stitches, I already knew quite a few but it's always good to refresh. 

I mark the fabric section with my erasable fabric pen - it disappear after a while, and I'm using the threads from my 'left over' bag. They are threads left from doing kits, I must of had them for ages as it's been a long time since I did a kitted piece.

I'm hoping by doing a stitch a day in March for the WIPocalypse SAL I will get quite a bit done.

This month's question is about how many SALs we do, I've been quite surprised by my list.

10th of each month is Fully Finished Objects with Rachel and Large Project or UFO with Needlecraft Haven 

15th of each month is Gifted Gorgeousness with Jo

20th of each month is Biscornu with Needlecraft Haven

3rd Friday of each month is International Hermit and Stitch Weekend (IHSW) with Jo

Last Friday of each month is Smalls with Rachel 

Last Sunday of each month is WIPocalypse with Mel 

I also stitch the JCS Stitchalong on Facebook with Jo and the Seasonal Challenges with Needlecraft Haven.

What a lot of SALs but they do keep me focussed on my projects.


2 comments:

butterfly said...

Love both your stitching projects look great .
Enjoy a lovely week. Hugs June.

Faith... said...

What gorgeous pieces! I love, love, love your tablecloth. It looks great. I also think your embroidery piece is very interesting. I look forward to seeing more of it.