Friday 15 March 2024

Gifted Gorgeousness March 2024

 

Gifted Gorgeousness is hosted each month by the lovely Jo at Serendipitous Stitching. GG, on the 15th of each month, is when we share our latest gifts. These can be gifts given or received, or any item made using fabric, threads, buttons, ribbon, chart, backing fabric that has been gifted. If you visit Jo's blog you'll find the links to everyone's Gifted Gorgeousness posts, thanks Jo.

Our lovely daughter turned 30 last month. I always stitch something for her birthday and wanted to stitch something special for her special birthday. I found this dandelion chart on Etsy and added the wording. I love how it's turned out and very pleased with the frame I chose.


I've done a little more on my biscornu, the blues are so lovely.

I had fun stitching this little key ring that was a gift for my birthday last year. As usual with mini kits the fabric was a bit tight in size do I needed to get it placed just right but there was loads of spare thread. I've used it for my scout HQ keys.

My final gifts are from DJ, two beautiful Santas for my tree. Thank you so much DJ they are perfect.



If you would like to stitch a Santa for my tree at this year's Festival at St Laurence's Church, you can stitch on plastic canvas or perforated paper if you have any but if you'd prefer to stitch on fabric please use a design that is just Santa and is no more than 3" x 3" in size. 

If you send me your finished Santa on whatever you've used in a card it should be normal letter post. If sending from overseas please value your letter if asked for customs to £10 or equivalent. If a high value is put I may have to pay a custom charge, thanks.

I will add backing and hanging ribbon and make up any fabric ones. 

Let me know if you need anymore info, it would be so nice if you have time to stitch and send a Santa, it does make the tree special with ornaments from everyone, thank you.

This year I will be donating the Santas to charity, probably nearer the following Christmas and it will be to either a children's hospice, our local hospice or an old peoples' home. It seems a waste for the ornaments to sit in my attic in a tin so over the year I will be looking at where best they could be given.

7 comments:

butterfly said...

Lovely stitching , I will also stitch a Santa . Hugs June.

Mary said...

Beautiful stitching Clare. I love the colors on your biscornu. The Santa's are so adorable and will look so cute on the tree.

Anonymous said...

What lovely stitching! I do love your daughter's gift, and the frame is perfect for it! Your keychain is so nice, what a wonderful gift. I love the blues in your biscornu, can't wait to see more! So glad you liked the Santas, and I think it's a wonderful idea to give them to charity afterward...I feel like I've given two gifts! Happy Stitching!

A Patchwork of Crafts said...

Love the dandelion clock

Toki said...

The blue of Biscornu is wonderful.
Key folders are cool.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. The dandelion design is just beautiful and the sentiment is perfect. Great Welsh keyring. Two more lovely Santas for the tree too.

Faith... said...

Very nice dandelion chart nd the words fit it perfectly. Love the blues for your biscornu and the keychain looks great!