Sunday 10 March 2024

March's Fully Finished Objects

Rachel, Ten Hour Stitcher, is the super host of Fully Finished Objects. It's a great opportunity for us to show and tell about the crafty items we have completely finished. It does make me feel like I've achieved something when I see my finishes.

This month I have three more Santas fully finished. You may have seen them in my Smalls post in February but they were not fully finished then and I appreciate not all my posts are seen and commented on. 

So here's my Santas.

I've received two gorgeous Santas from DJ, thank you. I'll be sharing them soon. Thank you to everyone who has pledged a Santa, the tree will look amazing.

I have now fully finished my Hen House which was for a challenge on Needlecraft Haven. I should have thought more where it was going before including the hanger, I may take it off and just have it free standing. 



This year I am trying to use up bits and pieces and recycling some items I have received, especially cards. 

Both these were cards from my good friend Mary, the egg was from a few years ago and I couldn't quite work out the finish shape. I bought an egg shaped tin this year which was the perfect template size. 

The robin was my Christmas card from Mary last year. Mary had already mounted it so I remived it from the card and remounted it as an ornament.



My final item for this month's FFO is a very special gift for our daughter's 30th birthday. I saw this design on Etsy and added the wording. It was a litte tricky to stitch with so many small sections but I love the effect.


Thank you again Rachel for hosting Fully Finished Objects and thank you to everyone who leaves a comment, I really do appreciate them all.

4 comments:

Mary said...

Gosh, everything is so pretty. The Santa's look so cute, and the chicks are adorable. I love how you repurposed the beautiful stitched cards. Your daughters gifts is so pretty and the wording turned out great.

butterfly said...

Beautiful finishing , I love everything well done .Hugs June.

Carol said...

Wow! You've had a very productive run of finishing, Clare! Love the Santas and the little ornaments you made from the stitched cards. I need to do that with some of mine. The piece you stitched for your daughter does look like it would have been a bit tricky, but you ended up with a beautiful finish! Enjoy your day!

Toki said...

Looks like a lot of work has been completed. Congratulations.🙌
I think recycling and ingenuity are great.
Happy Birthday to your daughter. Your daughter will definitely be impressed by the delicate finish and lovely words.