Thursday 2 February 2023

A catch up ... long over due

I haven't been around for a few weeks, I'll try to read everyone's blogs but apologies if I miss your posts. I haven't been stitching much, I can't believe how much I did last January. My mum has been unwell for a while and was back in hospital as the new year began. Although she is home she hasn't bounced back this time which is a worry. 

This year my stitching will be bigger projects and quite a few for special occasions, this gives two blogging issues: not much to show and most a secret until given. 

Additionally we've been on a cruise, a much needed bit of sun and time to breathe. We had a lovely time but not much stitching. I've written about life on board in my Cruise Life post on my travel blog. 

Hopefully I will have some FFO posts and some GG posts in the next few months, I'm not sure about Smalls, my Temperature SAL is now officially a UFO and I've no chance of doing Topsy Turvy SAL this month. 

All I can do is what I can, my focus will be on the important stitching but I do hope I can keep up with everyone's news. I'll sign off with a photo from our cruise, our cabin steward was very creative!



5 comments:

Rachel said...

Glad you had a good break.
Your stitching this year is definitely so different to last year's. Hopefully you'll be able to post little teasers every so often, even if it is just ORTs or the corner of the fabric!

diamondc said...

Hi Clare: It always feels good to get away, here it is a very cold -12 degrees, with a windchill of -25 below.
I looked at your cruise page, you both are so adorable.
Love the crab towel and the rabbit towels so cute.



Catherine

butterfly said...

So happy you got away and had a great time.
Sorry your mother is not so well.
I am stitching on many of my UFOs this year but will rotate so I can show on my posts, they do grow with a couple of smalls thrown in.
Love those towels what fun.
Enjoy your weekend. Hugs June.

Faith... said...

Sorry to hear about your Mom. Oh bigger secret projects, that sounds mysterious! Hope you can find some time to get to them. I love the towels! They are very cute, especially the crab's beady little eyes!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Sorry to hear about your Mum, hopefully she will perk up as the weather improves and the spring flowers appear.
Love those towel sculptures, such fun!
Sometimes you need to drop all stitching plans and just focus on the pieces that make you happy.