Wednesday 15 February 2023

Gifted Gorgeousness in February

 

The 15th of each month means it's Gifted Gorgeousness time, the time each month when we share our latest gifts. These can be gifts given or received, or any item made using fabric, threads, buttons, ribbon, chart, backing fabric that has been gifted.

This great idea is hosted each month by the lovely Jo at Serendipitous Stitching,  if you visit her blog you'll find the links to everyone's Gifted Gorgeousness posts. Thank you Jo for hosting another year of GG, it's great fun posting and reading.

It's our lovely daughter's birthday on Friday but we visited last weekend. It's two 'lasts' - being 20 something and being 'Miss'.

I stitched her a trinket box, an upcycled Pandora charm box, and a mini ornament. I had great fun lining the box with some craft paper.



My next two gifts are the ones I mentioned in my Fully Finished Objects post but I couldn't share. My friend has received her parcel so here they are, firstly a bookmark for her birthday, a little belated as her birthday is actually the end of January.


The other gift was for the Needlecraft Haven Valentine's Exchange. This year we stitched a card and I made a removable ornament card so it can be used every year.


I included some chocolate hearts, a mini roll of Love Hearts and some matching threads.


My final two gifts are not stitching but are another craft I enjoy. I made a cake for our daughter which we took to Cardiff last weekend. 2 candles and 9 hearts - I wonder how many candles I'll need next year hee hee


Our son's girlfriend also turns 29 this year, tomorrow, the day before our daughter, they are just hours apart in age.

I made her a cake, again for last weekend as they celebrated with a group of friends.


I'm stitching a few other gifts which hopefully I can share soon. I have a feeling 2023 is going to be a year of secrets and surprises.


8 comments:

butterfly said...

What beautiful gifts , you are amazing .
Have fun hugs June.

jocondine said...

Such lovely stitched gifts! Chocolate will be great to celebrate a new stitching start with those nice threads. Bravo à la cuisinière pour les gâteaux. xxx

DJ said...

Wow you've been busy! I love the trinket box...what a fabulous idea!! I also love the idea of removing the stitched piece from the card to make an ornament, that's genius!! All of your stitching is just lovely! Happy Birthday to your daughter!

Elfie said...

Beautiful gifts, and such lovely looking cakes. You have been busy!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. Love the monogram box, I thought you’d have had enough of initials after last year LOL
The reusable ornament is a great idea.
The cakes look delicious too.

Rachel said...

Not only a year of secrets and surprises, but also of cakes (and a good excuse to use your temperature SAL cake bands).
I love your two FFOs, both so useful. What an inspired idea to make the ornie on the card removeable.

diamondc said...

Clare: Happy Birthday to the both of the girls.
The trinket box is adorable.

Catherine

Faith... said...

I love the little box you made for your daughter. You always make the boxes look so pretty. Very nice exchange piece too. Hope everyone had great birthdays!