Saturday 11 February 2023

Fully Finished in February

 


I do have two finishes but I can't show any photos as I'm not sure if they have been received... yes they are gifts.

They are both for one of my stitchy friends at Needlecraft Haven, a birthday gift and the Valentine's Exchange. Sadly my friend's mum passed away this week, there are more important things than stitching, the world is tough at times isn't it.

The only photo I have is the cake (I'm never doing black icing letters again) I made for our son, his gaming social event celebrated its first birthday. I was very touched by his social media post.


I'm sure there are plenty of stitchy finishes this month so I'm going to pop over to Rachel's, Ten Hour Stitcher blog later to follow everyone's links.

10 comments:

butterfly said...

Great cake , I look forward to seeing your stitched gifts soon.
hugs June ,

Pamela said...

What a great cake!

jocondine said...

Wow, black icing letters, you're a kind of cooking warrior! Can't wait to see your still secret finish. Bisous. xxx

diamondc said...

Hello Clare: I bet the cake was yummy.
Congratulations to your sons one year gaming anniversary.
Looking forward to seeing the designs you are working on.
So sorry about the loss of your friends mother.

Catherine

Faith... said...

The cake looks great with the black letters but I can imagine it is a pain to work with. Is that the name of their group of gamers? It is a pretty cool name. Can't wait to see your stitched gifts.

Mary's Thread said...

Your cake looks fantastic! Perfect for the event!

Gwen said...

Great job on the cake. Way out of my capabilities.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That’s a fabulous cake, I can see why it disappeared so quickly!
Sorry to hear about your friend’s Mum.

Suzanne H said...

I'm so sorry for your friend's loss. Lovely cake!

Rachel said...

Thank you for taking part in this month's FFG SAL. I'll put you down for two finishes as I expect you'll show them later once you know they have been received. I can't wait to see them!