Friday 31 December 2021

December Smalls and 2021 Highliights

 


Mary at Mary's Thread hosts the Smalls SAL. On the last Friday of the month we share our small stitching items that we have completed but not necessarily fully finished. Mary has a link up post on her blog so we can pop over to see everyone's work. Thank you Mary for hosting Smalls SAl in 2021. 

My first two smalls are the final two days of my Jardin Prive 12 Days of Christmas. I'm so pleased with them, I'm adding one a day to my ornament tree until January 5th. Today is day 7. 




This small is my favourite ornament of the year. It's Mistletoe Kisses by Faby Reilly and I made it for our daughter and her partner. It's the first time I've made a humbug.


Here's my 2021 orts Ornie, it's filled with all my orts from this year. The design is from a Christmas Keepsakes chart my friend Gifted me for Christmas. 


My other smalls are the final two days for my Plum Street Sampler 12 Days of Christmas. They are perfect hanging on our mantle for the festive season. 



I completed over 60 projects in 2021, it sounds good but 24 of those were the 12 Days. I love all the projects I've done, they have nearly all been gifts or exchanges. I'd just like to share again my favourites from the last year.

I loved stitching this unusual wedding Sampler for our daughter's best friend who got married in September. She and her hubby are surfers so this was the perfect design. I was so proud too that our daughter was one of her bridesmaids.


My first tissue pocket was for my very good friend Cathy who lives in the USA. The design was a challenge on Needlecraft Haven and I had the perfect matching fabric in my stash. It was fiddly, I'm not good at making things you turn but it worked out perfect.


I had such fun stitching these gift tags for my friend's sister wedding. A rainbow wedding needed rainbow gifts tags for the guests goody bags, it also meant they had a wedding keepsake.

Our friends celebrated their Ruby Anniversary earlier in the year. Unbelievably we have physically seen them just once all year although we have enjoyed many online quiz nights.


A long job for our daughter's birthday, a cake band of candles. For the first time ever I did not bake her a cake as she lives in Wales and with restrictions we could not meet up. Instead I made a cake band and sent her a parcel including a new cake time and special toppings. She didn't have to make her own cake though as her lovely partner ordered her a bespoke vegan one, he's a star.


This was my first ornament of 2021, my orts ornie. It was lovely hanging this on the tree this year knowing it was filled with 2020 orts.


This was my first stitch for the Topsy Turvy SAL. I wish you all a Happy New Year and plenty of busy needles in 2022.



6 comments:

Maggie said...

What a wonderful lot of stitching Claire! I really love the small hanging on your tree, they are fab.
Happy New Year to you, hope its a good one. xx

Rachel said...

And Happy New Year 2022 to you too!
I've finally caught up on your blog and have loved seeing all of your stitching and many many gifts throughout the year. And, of course, would like to thank you for your entries into the FFG SALs.
Here's to a just-as-productive 2022! :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

You did stitch a lot of Smalls this year! The two sets of 12 Days look great. My challenge will be FFO'ing them before next year!
Some nice celebration pieces too.

AC said...

That's a really big achivement to stitch and finish all those projekts in a year!! Everything is beautiful! I especially like the Plum Street ornaments. I wish you good stitching 2022!
With love from Sweden,
Anna-Carin

Mary's Thread said...

Thank you so much for joining the SAL this month with SO MANY SMALLS! I think you get the prize for the most this month! You've been so busy! And the finishing on all of them is SO well done. Can I pick a favorite? No I can't. But I especially love that little tissue pocket and the beaded edging on the first set of 12 days ornaments. I know that is a time consuming finish and you've made a lovely job of it.

Tiffstitch said...

So many amazing finishes! I hope everyone enjoyed their name tags and I love your 12 Days finishes.