Sunday 10 April 2022

Fully Finished Objects in April

 

Rachel, Ten Hour Stitcher, hosts Fully Finished Objects, a super chance for us to show and tell about the crafty items we have completely finished. Thanks Rachel, your FFO prompt each month really helps me finish my projects, especially my letters for this year6church tree.

I have finished four of my own letters and seven letters I received in the post from my stitchy friends. The first two of my letters are my initials C F, Clare Frances.


The other two letters are for my parents, Janet and Ronald. We have many J's and R's however they are all different designs.


The first of my gifted letters is a beautiful S from June, it's a super design but I wasn't sure which way round it went as it looked lovely either way. Thank you June.  


Needlecraft Haven is such a friendly forum, although we live in various parts of the UK, Europe and USA we are close friends. Gill stitched four letters for the tree, her own initials and N H for our forum (NH are also my Hubbys's initials). Thank you Gill.


Julie is the nearest Needlecraft Haven member geographically to me, we have in the past enjoyed meeting up for coffee and hopefully we can again soon. Julie has stitched J and P which are her and her Hubby's initials. Thank you Julie.


Last month's Topsy Turvy SAL was all about summer, there's some lovely stitching in the Facebook Album, thanks everyone. I decided to stitch a Lizzie Kate freebie with free colour choice, I did frog a bit as my original colours looks more autumnal than summer. It will soon be time to hang it on my tree which is currently full of Easter decorations. 


My final Fully Finished is Baked Goods by Little House Needleworks. This is the Needlecraft  Haven travelling chart for 2022 which started with Mary in France.

You won't be surprised to see I have covered a box with it, hee hee. It is the perfect size and design for an old watch box that now had my icing bag and nozzles in, it's good too that the box has a plastic-ish coating so is wipeable. 




I don't usually record my stitching, certainly not time or stitches - everyone's pie charts are so impressive but recording stuff everytime I pick up a needle is too much faff for me, although I would enjoy making the charts.

I have however started recording my work and when I have blogged it as I was getting very confused with what I had included where. I have a page at the top of my blog for my finishes but I felt I needed a blog post record... it's working well. 

So far this year I have finished 38 items, this is including letters sent to me. I have quite surprised myself! 

Happy stitching everyone ... it's Eastertime soon 🐣

10 comments:

jocondine said...

Wonderful post, FFG is the perfect place to show us the lovely letters you received, well done. I hope mine will come soon on the top of my to do list! The "summer" stitching you post about makes me laugh because I first saw a scarf on it (as I'm still ill with a cough) then I understand it didn't fit with the theme and finally found it was more a bathing towel! I love how you finished your box with those baked goods, like the colors (coordinated? meaning in the same shade) and the lovely string you put around (I'm looking for one similar for a FF xmas serie). Bravo et bon dimanche. Bisous.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Fabulous work finishing all those letters. You are definitely in competition with Elfie for the most ornaments finished this year!
Love the Baked Goods box lid too, what a lovely way to use a stitched piece.

butterfly said...

Well done some great letters.
Love your new stitch and finish .
Happy Easter.

FlashinScissors said...

Lots of lovely letters Clare! I haven’t started on mine yet but once Easter is gone I will have more time 😁
Love the baked goods box! The pattern was just right.
Barbara xx

Maggie said...

What a lovely lot of initials for your tree, it's going to look fab. I think June's 'S' should be the other way up? the larger part of the S at the bottom and the flower at the top, bee at the bottom, the way she showed on her blog. I stitched Baked goods years ago and finished it into a little pillow but I love the way you have mounted yours on the box, great idea :-)
I don't know how people record their time stitching, like you say, much to much faffing around.
Hope you have a lovely Easter weekend. x

diamondc said...

Happy Blessed Easter Clare: These are such lovely initials; I am looking forward to seeing more.
Your box design and finish are beautiful.

Catherine

Faith... said...

Very cute new box you have there! 38 finished in four months is outstanding!

Suzanne H said...

Beautiful letters from you and your stitching friends. I love all your other finishes. You've been working so hard.

Astrids dragon said...

So many lovely letters and finishes! Sweet Summer looks great and I love your Baked Goods box which is perfect for your decorating tips and bag.

Rachel said...

Thank you for your lovely, and many, entries into April's FFG SAL. The letters from around the world are sure keeping you busy, but that's fantastic! And of course I love your box lid finish - in inspiration that small designs don't just have to be FFOd as ornies. :)