Saturday 16 April 2022

Gifted Gorgeousness in April

 

Gifted Gorgeousness is hosted each month by the lovely Jo at Serendipitous Stitching. GG, on the 15th of each month, is when we share our latest gifts. These can be gifts given or received, or any item made using fabric, threads, buttons, ribbon, chart, backing fabric that has been gifted. If you visit Jo's blog you'll find the links to everyone's Gifted Gorgeousness posts.

My first gift is not stitching but stitching related. I recently finished my Baked Goods by Little House Needleworks for the Travelling Chart with Needlecraft Haven and made it into a box lid for keeping my icing bag and nozzles in. It was so lovely to use my new box when I made a few Easter chocolate dairy free (ish) cupcakes for our daughter and partner.


My new sewing machine has been put to use again. I made a Coffee Koozie for my Hubby. No patchwork this time, I used a single piece of fabric and stitched a few vertical lines to keep the wedding in place.


I have received two more super letters from Gill, one of the lovely ladies at Needlecraft Haven. Her best friend is also a member but due to I'll health has not been stitching for quite a while. Gill has stitched her I initials for the tree, what a lovely gesture of true friendship, thank you Gill. 


I have also received these beautiful letters from DJ, they are perfect. Thank you so much DJ, you are very kind. 


Another month of lovely gifts, it is so nice that my hobby not only provides a pastime for me but is also a way to share love and kindness with others ... it's quite a special thing isn't it! 


12 comments:

butterfly said...

Love the stitched cookie top and all the letters from stitching friends .
Happy Easter.

Elfie said...

I love your creativity, and the variety of your projects. I am also enjoyingvseeing all the letters, and that reminds me that I should stitch a couple for your tree. I've had a lovely visit today.

jocondine said...

I already told you how I love your top box, glad to see it again with those appetizing cupcakes, looks like I'm reading a cooking/stitching magazine. Letters from Gill and DJ are nice, that "bouquet" is growing well. Amitiés. xxx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. The cupcakes do look yummy!
You have some more lovely letters for your tree now. You're right, half the fun is sharing and connecting with other stitchers.

Tiffstitch said...

Excellent letters and what a lovely box and cupcakes!

DJ said...

Oh your box top is the perfect design for your icing accessories! Love the cozy you made for your husband, you are so creative! So glad the letters made it there safely, I love the A and M too, very classy! I can't wait to see your finished tree! xx

Carol said...

What a great way to finish your Baked Goods piece--I love it when a piece of stitching can be turned into something both pretty AND useful! And those cupcakes look wonderful, Clare--hope you had a lovely Easter!

Mary said...

Beautiful letters and those cupcakes looks sooo good!!

Astrids dragon said...

Oh my, those cupcakes look delicious, I think I might need to bake some now!
Great koozie for your DH and more lovely letters.

Mylene said...

Those cupcakes looks so yummmy!
The Letter's, lovely gifts from stitching friends.

Elfie said...

I love your little cake decorating box, and tnose cakes look delicious. The letters are lovely. You must have quite a collection by now. I always enjoy my visit to your blog

Elfie said...

I love your little cake decorating box, and tnose cakes look delicious. The letters are lovely. You must have quite a collection by now. I always enjoy my visit to your blog