Saturday 6 January 2024

January - Let the People Choose

 


Let the People Choose is Jo's fun blog idea for the first Saturday of the month. Jo at Serendipitous Stitching asks for theme suggestions which are then voted on by members of IHSW Group on Facebook. The favourite choices are the themes for that month's post ... January's theme is Designer of 2024.

That's a toughie as the year has only just started and I haven't really decided on my projects. However we have a Buscornu SAL this year at Needlecraft Haven and we're all stitching a Faby Reilly design. The designs are all floral, mine is Iris which was my Grandmother's name.


I really like her designs and have actually stitched quite a few. My favourite projects were the Christmas humbugs for our daughter and son's girlfriend.



I have many of her charts including a full set of the monthly designs. I stitched January for a friend's birthday, it was a beautiful design to do.


Hopefully I'll be stitching more of them in 2024. 

7 comments:

Carol said...

Happy New Year, Clare! I really like your humbugs :) I received one as a gift years ago, but have never tried making one. And the iris biscornu will be so lovely. Hope you have a relaxing weekend!

Pamela said...

These are all very pretty designs!

Astrids dragon said...

Beautiful finishes, she has designed lovely pieces.

jocondine said...

Such great patterns, flowers are lovely, can't wait to see your progress on the iris biscornu. xxx

Rachel said...

I have never stitched a Fabby Reilly but have looked at them occasionally. They are really delicate and, like a Durene Jones pattern, have that 'something' about them which makes it obvious who the designer is.
Good luck with the biscornu, and might we see the other monthly flower designs popping up too?

Toki said...

Hello Clare.Happy New Year.
That's a nice ornament.It's great that you're good friends with your son’s girlfriend.😊

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in The People's Choice this month. I do like the flower series and had to go over to find the rest of them!