Wednesday 10 January 2024

January's Fully Finished Objects

Rachel, Ten Hour Stitcher, is hosting Fully Finished Objects again in 2024. It's a super chance for us to show and tell about the crafty items we have completely finished.

Thank you Rachel, your FFO prompt each month really helps me finish my projects instead of them still in my project folders. I love the new SAL photo.

My first finishes are from 2023 but couldn't be shared before. You may have seen them already and you may see them again but I haven't included them in a FFO post so a bit of catching up. 

I stitched an ornament for our son and his girlfriend for their first Christmas in their own home.  The Durene Jones snowman was for the Christmas Exchange with the lovely ladies at Needlecraft Haven and the small snowmen (I made six altogether) were for my friends as part of their Christmas gift. 





I also finished my 2023 orts ornie. Every year I stitch a Christmas ornament and use all my orts for the filling. I finished it in time to put on our tree. 


This name plate was for our friends' grandson Riley. I stitched a similar one for their first grandson a few years ago. 


And so to my 2024 finishes, I've had four finishes already but I started stitching them over Betwixmas. I am hoping to have a year of stitching up small bits in my stash, finishing UFOs and completing WIPs. 

I have had this partridge ornament and snowflake in my stash for a while. Both were mini kits, the partridge was plastic canvas and I didn't really like it until I put the backstitch in. The snowflake was on perforated paper and really came to life when the beads were added. 



My last two finishes have brought to mind the theme for this year's tree at St Laurence's Christmas Tree Festival.



I'll be doing a ....  Santa Tree

I've stitched these two on plastic canvas, as I did the small Santas for my friends. I'm going to stitch a variety of Santas on plastic or using perforated paper. 

There will be plenty of room for more Santas if you would like to stitch one, it would be amazing to have Santas from around the world. 

You can stitch on plastic canvas or perforated paper if you have any but if you'd prefer to stitch on fabric please use a design that is just Santa and is no more than 3" x 3" in size. 

If you send me your finished Santa on whatever you've used in a card it should be normal letter post. I will add backing and hanging ribbon and make up any fabric ones. 

Let me know if you need anymore info, it would be so nice if you have time to stitch and send a Santa, it does make the tree special with ornaments from everyone, thank you.

Finish Count so far in 2024 ......  4

7 comments:

Suzanne H said...

You have accomplished quite a few finishes already! I love the idea of your Santa tree. I can't wait to see your stitching throughout the year. I'll have to see if I can find a small Santa only pattern in my stash to contribute. Wonderful work!

Rachel said...

Thank you for helping to get this year's FFG SAL off to a really good start! Your needles were certainly busy stitching Christmas goodies for your friends. The tall thin Santa made me giggle again!
I'll happily contribute to your Santa tree. If you receive as many Santas as you did flowers and initials, your tree will look amazing (and your FFG contribution sky-high!)

butterfly said...

Lovely ornaments , I will start a Santer for you soon hugs June.

Tiffstitch said...

Oh! I definitely have a Santa kit or two hanging around. Any style of Santa? Like I think I have Santa on vacation in a Hawaiian shirt, etc. Beautiful finishes!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Four finishes is a good start to the year Clare.

Gwen said...

You have some lovely finishes from 2023 and off to a great start for 2024. Your Santa tree will be lovely.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Fabulous start to the FFOs for 2024!