Sunday 28 January 2024

WIPocalypse January

I'm new to joining in this great idea to help get WIP's completed. I currently have two WIP projects I want to focus on. 

WIPocalypse is hosted by Mel at Measi's Mutterings

I have only worked on my tablecloth but I will be working on my embroidery piece for the stitch a day in March. 

Here's where I had got to on my tablecloth at the start of the year. I had completed the buttonhole stitch all the way round so at least I know it meets up. 


There's no chart for this, I'm making it up as I go and have worked out the kloster block pattern. I have also decided to satin stitch around the small designs. I did unpick some of the border as with the satin stitch it was too heavy. 

I think I will satin stitch round the large corner designs too but I'm not sure about the writing yet. I'll be working on it for February's IHSW weekend and when I'm sitting at Mum's to keep her company. Unfortunately she is back in hospital at the moment.

This month's question is about oldest WIPs, well I guess that's my tablecloth as it is a work in progress. I'm sure I could find a few more if I look in the many bags and boxes of 'craft' bits but they would be UFOs as I haven't worked on them for many years. 

3 comments:

butterfly said...

Looking lovely , I made a table topper some time ago for Christmas and every one likes it when they come .
Have a fun week hugs June.

Rachel said...

Although we all find it safe to follow a pattern, you must find it refreshing to just use your imagination and stitch what you want where you want. Everything looks great so far (but also looks like it has required hours of patience!)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely idea to have a focus piece for this SAL. It will be fabulous to see this finished this year.