Wednesday 3 January 2024

My 2023 stitching

A round up of my 2023 stitching which was mainly focused on our daughter and new son-in-law's wedding gift. It was such a special day for us all.

Not cross stitching but I also made eight bean bags for the wedding as they had a Corn Hole game as one of the garden games (grooms father made the boards). Simple you'd think but they caused me so much frustration, especially when I dropped one unsealed bag and our conservatory was suddenly full of noise and a torrent of dried chick peas bouncing on the laminate floor!

As usual most, actually all, of my stitching is for others, either gifts, exchanges or for my church tree. A very special gift was for our son and girlfriend for their first home together. I was so pleased we found matching glasses.


It was a year of special birthdays for three friends all called Julie who all turned 60 ... popular name in 1963.



As well as gifts for other friends' birthdays I stitched a very special coaster for Hubby's aunt who turned 90.




I always stitch something for our daughter for her birthday, this year was a name tag and trinket box. Our son's girlfriend's birthday is the day before, in fact they are only a few hours apart in age, so I stitched a small box for her too.




In April our nephew and fiancée got married, I love this sampler, it's so simple and effective. I also stitched a name plaque for their young daughter. They have recently had another little girl so I'll stitch a name plaque for her some time this year.



I love an exchange, this year I joined in three with Needlecraft Haven: Valentine's, Autumn and Christmas. 




Talking of Christmas my first stitch of 2023 was my 2022 orts ornie. I also stitched a few ornaments and sent them to Cathy for the McDonald's House in Orange. 

My family's Christmas ornaments were both 'firsts' - first married for our daughter and son-in-law and first home for our son and girlfriend.







In January I finished a Lavender and Lace angel for a lady at church. She's in her late 80s and can no longer see well enough to add the beads, it's been in her drawer for years waiting to be finished, it was a pleasure to do it for her.


And finally my hardanger hearts for my church tree. I displayed the White Tree again with the heart additions.



Looking back it's been a lovely year of stitching, quite a few different projects. I've nearly decided about this year's church tree theme, I'll be sharing in my Gifted Gorgeousness January post. 

Wishing everyone happy stitches in 2024.

6 comments:

butterfly said...

Wow Clare so much beautiful stitching the last year.
You have given me a few ideas thankyou.
Happy NEW YEAR.

diamondc said...

Hello Clare: You had a very busy stitching year in 2023, you are a very generous lady.
What a beautiful thing you did for your friend at Church, the Angel is stunning and adding the beads to finish for her is so kind of you.
your tree at Church is stunning.

Catherine

Astrids dragon said...

Wow, you had a great year of finishing in 2023!
Wishing you another year of fantastic finishes in 2024.

Tiffstitch said...

So many beautiful finishes! A great year for stitching and love the white tree.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a fabulous round-up of stitching. So many beautiful ornaments, you are a very generous stitcher to give so much away!
The January Snowflake design is one of my favourites from this post.
Lookimg forward to hearing about the 2024 tree theme too.

Rachel said...

I love a good round-up post, especially when it has pictures! It's surprising how much a reader remembers but also forgets!
Here's to 2024 being just as successful.