Saturday 11 August 2018

Summer Exchange

Although small in members Needlecraft Haven is just that, a haven for us to chat with friends and share our hobby.

We have monthly stitching challenges, a SAL covering the whole year and occasional exchanges.

This year's Summer Exchange was a little different, here's what it was all about:

  • Make a stitched card based on the theme of summer
  • Include a simple summer cooking recipe
  • Include a summer treat
My partner was Deb and although I know she has received her parcel she was on holiday for Opening Day so I'm not going to share the card and goodies I sent her until I know she is home and has opened her parcel.

Can however share the gifts Deb sent to me - a beautiful card, two great recipes and a wonderful ornament that I will be hanging in the garden when the sun shines - thank you Deb  
My Summer Exchange from Deb
Stitched card
Summer gift
We're off to France and of course my priority packing was my stitching, both pieces are gifts so I can't share but once home I'm going to frame my Sampler Bouquet - I can't wait to do that although it's a little daunting.

9 comments:

Brigitte said...

Such a great exchange gift that you received.
Have fun in France

Christine said...

Great exchange gift Clare

RJ said...

Clare I love your stitched card from Deb...so delicate and pretty. And your ornament will truly shine in your garden. I know you will enjoy your time in France. Would love to be there too. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Mary said...

Such a lovely exchange, the hummer hanger is so pretty and I'm always so impressed with someone taking the time to stitch a card. Looking forward to hearing all about your France trip, it's on my bucket list!

Astrids dragon said...

What a fun exchange, lucky you! I hope you're having a great time!

Bethan said...

What a lovely exchange idea; and you got some lovely pieces. Have a great time in France x

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a gorgeous card, the colours really pop on the darker fabric. Love the stained glass too.

rosey175 said...

You had a pretty exchange~ The hummingbird stained glass will look so sparkly in the sun. Enjoy your vacation. :D/

Julie said...

Deb put together a lovely exchange for you. x