My September plans will bring a bit of difference, I'm hosting a new SAL that you are very welcome to join in with .... Topsy Turvy SAL
Every year in January I am so enthusiastic about the new SALs and the stitching everyone is joining in with. I joined in quite a few this year, all enjoyable but mainly focused on Christmas. I often feel I have missed stitching for other events, especially seeing some designs stitched by others. So welcome to my Topsy Turvy SAL designed to help stitch a bit more than Christmas designs.
On the 20th of every month I'll be blogging my Topsy Turvy progress - I'm not sure about widgets so I'm not doing a link up - if you have a Topsy Turvy post please leave a comment on my post for that month and I'm sure other stitchers will pop by to see your stitching.
There is no sign up, no obligation to start or even complete every month, just dip in and out as you wish. There are no rules on finishing, whether the item was a gift, or the size, it is a SAL to change things around a little bit.
Every month is a different theme based on time, seasons and celebrations but a while before the actual event. I have set it out this way so there is time to finish but it isn't long to wait to display my stitching which will hopefully mean they are not lost in a 'safe place'!
I'll be blogging about my progress and hopeful finishes following my Topsy Turvy plan:
September - a design to celebrate New Year
October - any design for Valentine's
November and December - springtime designs
January - Easter stitching
February and March - summer designs
April - a little treat for myself, any small design I fancy
May and June - autumnal designs
July - a design for Halloween
August - Christmas stitching
If you'd like to join in each month on the 20th blog about your design and how you are doing. It doesn't matter if you have only kitted up your design, made a start, finished it or made it up completely, it will be fun to see what everyone is doing.
Here were my August plans for WIPocalypse and a little update on how I did:
- 12 Days of Christmas - Seven Swans-a-swimming: both stitched
- 12 Days of Christmas - Eight Maids-a-milking: both stitched
- JCS ornament SAL - My Big Toe Designs - Merry Christmas: kitted up
- JCS ornament SAL - Carolyn Manning Designs - Caroling Friends: stitched and finished
- JCS ornament SAL - Lisa LeAnn Designs - O Christmas Tree: nothing
- Summer Exchange with Needlecraft Haven: stitched and sent
- Summer Challenge with Needlecraft Haven: stitched and finished
I hope you will join the Topsy Turvey SAL, here's my September plans with my TT included:
- New Year design for TT SAL
- 12 Days of Christmas - Nine Ladies Dancing (PSS and JP designs)
- JCS ornament SAL - My Big Toe Designs - Merry Christmas
- JCS ornament SAL - Lisa LeAnn Designs - O Christmas Tree
- JCS ornament SAL - The Little Stitcher - St. Lucy's Light
- Summer Challenge with Needlecraft Haven