Monday 16 August 2021

Gifted Gorgeousness in August


The 15th of each month means it's Gifted Gorgeousness time, the time each month when we share our latest gifts. These can be gifts given or received, or any item made using fabric, threads, buttons, ribbon, chart, backing fabric that has been gifted.

This great idea is hosted each month by the lovely Jo at Serendipitous Stitching,  if you visit her blog you'll find the links to everyone's Gifted Gorgeousness posts. 

This month I have a special GG to share. It was my stitchy friend Julie's birthday at the end of July so I made her a pin box and card.


I love using boxes, I have quite a few from watches, charms and many other gifts. Using a Pandora box I added padding and covered the charm cushion. I covered the inner lid with felt yo match the colour in the design I stitched. 


The design was in one of my stitching magazine, I can't say which one because I only keep the pages I like and it doesn't have the designer or magazine number on. It caught my eye being square and stitched over one it was the perfect fit for the box. I did add an extra outer row of stitches in blue. 

I mounted, and slightly padded, the design onto card and glued it to the box. The final touch was a decorative edging. 


I have a super special gift to share next month ... I can't wait for the recipients to receive it and to be able to show everyone. 

10 comments:

DJ said...

What a lovely idea to cover a jewelry box! You've given me a host of ideas now, for gifts!! I do love the pattern you chose and the finishing on the inside was perfect! Lucky Julie!! And the card is fabulous too!

Elfie said...

Wow! I'll bet Julie was absolutely delighted with her gift. It is so pretty, and creative. Beautifully done!

jocondine said...

Lovely box, love the colors you choose. Such a nice gift made for a friend who count! Amitiés. xxx

diamondc said...

Clare: What a cute and sweet design, beautiful finish, the card is amazing and also beautiful.

Catherine

Mary said...

The pin box is beautiful and such a thoughtful gift. She must have been thrilled to receive it.

Faith... said...

What a clever re-use idea you have there!! I can only hope I remember this idea and that mine turns out as beautiful as your finish is. I am already looking forward to next month's post.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. Such a clever idea to reuse an old box. The design is lovely too.

Beth in IL said...

What a lovely gift.

Maggie said...

I love how you cover these little boxes Claire, they look very pretty as well as being useful.

Susan said...

How cute and what a wonderful gift. I have a stash of boxes (because I can make something with them) but seem to just collect. Will be borrowing your idea.