Sunday 11 September 2022

Fully Finished in September

 


Rachel, Ten Hour Stitcher, is the lovely host of Fully Finished Objects, an opportunity for us to show and tell about the crafty items we have completely finished. Thanks Rachel, your FFO prompt each month really helps me finish my projects instead of them still in my project folders.

I am a day late posting as yesterday was my birthday. We're in Cardiff having a few days with our daughter and fiancè; our son and his girlfriend have joined us too so it's been lovely to all be together.

My first finish is another box pin cushion. This was for Needlecraft Haven's Summer Exchange and now lives with Gill. 



My other finishes are Christmasy. The first is the July stitch for Jo's JCS Stitchalong on Facebook. It's Christmas Bouquet by Patricia Ann Designs. 


My second is also for Jo's JCS Stitchalong, it's the May design; Christmas in my Heart by MTV Designs. I decided to finish this as a small table mat, it's more a coaster size really. I have wanted to do a drawn thread hem for ages but couldn't work out the cornering. This fabric is quite stiff and perfect for turning the hem which was actually quite easy once I had the placement set. I think I'll be doing this finish again.


My other Christmas finishes are two ornaments for the Summer Challenge at Needlecraft Haven. The challenge was the left hand design, I chose to do the other design as it's part of the same large design by Lesley Teare.


We have, as have many, been shocked and upset as the death of The Queen. As a Brownie, then a Guide and a Scouter I have pledged to 'do my duty to the Queen' for nearly 50 years. 

On Friday we went to Cardiff Castle for the 96 gun salute, a moving and very emotional moment. Yesterday we laid flowers at Cardiff City Hall and signed the Book of Condolences. 



I have huge admiration for such an amazing lady who worked 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year to do her duty to us. A duty she carried out with such dignity and grace.
Thank you Ma'am




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

May she rest in peace beside her husband. Thank you Ma am.

Anonymous said...

Hi Clare: The Queen was such a beautiful Lady inside and out, she still had beauty in 2022.
The world will miss this amazing Lady.
Nice finishing, you have inspired me to get on the ball and construct some finished designs.

Have a great week
Catherine

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Gorgeous work on your FFO'ing this month. I love the little pincushion box and the hem-stitched mat.
My parents are also in Cardiff at the moment, they saw the new King and Queen drive past them.