Wednesday 12 September 2018

Holiday and Birthday Thanks

As always I must say a huge THANK YOU to my lovely Hubby. He has just treated me, our son and our daughter to a villa holiday in Portugal. A family celebration for his retirement, made extra special as it was just before my birthday and it was the first time in 10 years we had all been away together just us.

None of us had visited Portugal before or had a villa holiday so there was excitement all round. The villa was amazing, absolutely huge with three outside seating areas. We had booked one with more bedrooms than we needed so everyone had a double room and their own bathroom - we didn't use the bedrooms downstairs !

It was a lovely week of enjoying the sun, private pool, bbqs and trips out. I'll be writing soon in my Aimetu's blog specifically about a vineyard we visited which belongs to Cliff Richard, and the Portuguese restaurant where we had a fab meal on our last night. These are a few photos of our villa.










We came home Sunday and unfortunately had to make a slight detour to take our son to see his girlfriend in hospital as she was taken ill while we were away. She is back home now and seems better, such a shame after her brave skydive last month.

Our daughter stayed until Monday for my birthday. I had some lovely gifts and cards from my family, we had a fairly quite day but we'd had plenty of celebrations in Portugal.

I had some lovely cards and gifts from friends too, thank you to everyone. Some are still arriving today so my birthday has been extended. Just for fun our daughter bought me a caterpillar cake, of course I had the first slice hee hee.



Roses and bouquet from my Hubby and lillies from my friend
Shopper and notelets from Julie and fabric
with buttons from Christine - thank you 

After all the excitement it's a quiet few weeks although I am finally having a scan on my ankle on Saturday and we're off to watch Wasps v Tigers rugby game Sunday 🏈

7 comments:

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Beautiful villa, Clare and you and Nick look relaxed.
A belated Happy Birthday.

Mary said...

What a fabulous vacation!! That villa is gorgeous. Happy Retirement and Happy Birthday!!

Julie said...

The villa looks the perfect place for some family quality relaxation time. how lovely for you to be all together for a holiday this year.
Great cards and gifts, the cake made me smile.

Christine said...

That villa looks fabulous Clare. Glad you had such a lovely birthday

Astrids dragon said...

What a perfect way to celebrate a birthday! Even better with family.
I love the cake!

Bethan said...

Happy belated birthday! It looks like you had a great time on holiday - what a lovely treat x

Brigitte said...

Oh my, Clare, what gorgeous pictures from your villa holidays in Portugal. This must have been awesome.
Happy belated birthday wishes! And enjoy all the lovely gifts from family and friends.