Saturday 1 September 2018

A new month with gifts to share

I couldn't post these up in August for two main reasons; firstly they are gifts and some had not yet been received and secondly we had a fabulous holiday exploring the Champagne region in France. If you'd like to read about our travels please visit Aimetu's - wine, food and travel.

The first gift was for our friend's daughter, she turned 30 mid August so I stitched this little coaster for her and managed to add 30 and her initial.

Sarah's coaster 
My second gift was for our daughter who lives in Cardiff. I saw this chart and fell in love with both the character and quotation. She has just moved, which always has its issues and working with the rugby boys life is never dull!

She loved it and it looks great on her side table in her new flat. 

I love this - so cute 
My final gift was for our son's girlfriend who yesterday did a Skydive to raise money for Alzheimer's, she has raised over £650 - her donation page is Just Giving CharlySomething   

There is a video on Youtube too of her Skydive - something I could never do, such a challenge - well done Charly !! This is the link to the film - Charly's Skydive

Charly's coaster
We're off on our travels again, this time to Portugal with our son and daughter, first holiday together in 10 years - I'm really looking forward to a week in the sun with my family. 

12 comments:

Vickie said...

Adorable gifts Clare. I really enjoyed watching Charly's video! What a brave girl!! Have a super time with your family in Portugal now.

Julie said...

Have a lovely holiday, enjoy your family time in the sunshine.
Super gifts, well done to Charly

Manuela said...

Wonderful stitching and finishes.
Manuela

Mary said...

All your stitching is so charming!! Have a wonderful trip to Portugal and I'm off to see your France trip!

Bethan said...

Lovely gifts - I love the sentiment on your daughters piece. Well done to Charly! Have a great holiday x

Christine said...

Fabulous gifts Clare. Enjoy your holiday

Justine said...

What sweet gifts Clare. Charly is a brave girl! Hope you have a fabulous holiday.

RJ said...

What great gifts you stitched Clare. And your trips all sound wonderful. Have fun in Portugal. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Astrids dragon said...

All wonderful finishes making treasured gifts!
Good for Charly, I don't think I could have done that.

rosey175 said...

A skydive! I'll never have half the courage required for something like that. You've had a lot of cute gifts stitched. I hope you enjoy your awesome-soundting trip! :D

Brigitte said...

These gifts are awesome. And very thoughtful.
I hope you are enjoying your holidays in Portugal.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Beautiful gifts, Clare.