Monday 28 January 2019

January's stitching

I know there are a few more days left in January but this week will be a little difficult for me to post. Unfortunately today I have had to start a short but high dose of steroids as I'm suffering an MS relapse. They always knock me about so it will be around ten days before I will feel like writing much. I'm hoping to still be able to do some stitching but it will be on easy designs as the meds always make me a little confused.

My MIL will also be here from Thursday for around a week as she will be recovering from a small hospital treatment, and of course our son is still recovering from his broken wrist/arm. He has some movement in it but not a great deal, he has another hospital appointment tomorrow .....

..... with all that said here's my  January stitching.

I mentioned in my previous post about doing Hetti's temperature chart using the highest temperature of each day depending on where I was. I loved doing this so much I decided to also do a lowest temperature chart. We had a few days away on the English coast so I recorded the temperature whilst there. I have also added a small silver cross as one day at home we had a covering of snow.

A few of the ladies at Needlecraft Haven have also decided to stitch this quilt so we've set up the Temperature Quilt SAL. We all live in different locations and although we have only just started it's amazing to see the different colours on each piece. We check in each Friday with our progress.
My daytime chart
My nighttime chart
Thank you to everyone who has offered to stitch a small hardanger ornament for my 2019 tree at our church festival. I have made one already, it was quite quick: I'll be stitching these in the Needlecraft Haven Parlour each Wednesday. In the January sales I found some bits for the tree as well as a white snow scene cover for the bucket the tree stands in.

My first ornament for my 2019 tree
My La Pense Positive is growing well, thanks again to the ladies at Needlecraft Haven. A few other members decided to stitch this design too so I've set up the LPP SAL, it's always an encouragement to stitch with others, we post up our progress each weekend. I decided to stitch the French version as it will be for our bedroom where we already have a map of France hanging there.

Part one a d two completed 
We had a lovely few days away, our son certainly needed a change of scene and it was near enough for our daughter and her boyfriend to join us for a day. You can read about our adventures in my Aimetu - wine, food and travel blog. Our apartment was amazing with a great patio/balcony overlooking the marina.

The Second Severn crossing taken on our holiday
Wales is on the left, England on the right
On Saturday our Scout Group did their annual relay walk. This year the group walked in relay over a circuit from our HQ and back to cover a total of 105km. The Scouts and Explorers did the first circuits Friday night to Saturday morning. My DH did 7.30 am on Saturday with our good friend who is the Group Scout Leader. Saturday night, after the relay had been completed, we all enjoyed burgers and hotdogs at the HQ with a few presentations including the most funds raised.  This was won by one of our Explorer Scouts who through sponsorship raised over £200.

DH and our GSL won the 'Amblers' award although they did need to go slow or they would have been back before the next group was ready to leave. It's a great event for all the Group, next year we are hoping to set up a Just Giving page to help raise more funds.
DH with his award and photo of
him on the walk.
Hopefully I will be posting early February, in the meantime I'll be enjoying all your news and January matchups.


11 comments:

Christine said...

Great sticthing Clare - I love the little Hardanger Ornament.
Hope you're feeling better soon

Katie said...

Hope your health gets better soon. Beautiful progress on your projects. I love the colors in the nightime temp SAL piece. So soft. Neat idea to have a day and night version.

Janet said...

I love the idea of the temp SAL. I hope you get to feeling better soon.

Vickie said...

Clare I hope this round of medication passes quickly and you soon feel very well.💗

Astrids dragon said...

I hope you've been feeling well enough to stitch today.
I like how you're doing both day and night for your temp chart, it can be such a wide range!
Your hardanger ornament is lovely, and LLP is looking good too!

deb said...

Hope you're doing better soon and that the meds don't bother you too much this time. Such a fun idea that you're doing both daytime and nighttime temps on your SAL!

Carol said...

Beautiful projects, Clare--especially the hardanger! I do hope you are feeling better very soon. Happy February! ♥

Julie said...

A post filled with lovely things.
Take care xx

rosey175 said...

I hope the meds don't knock you out too much this time. The nighttime chart is very soft so far, how pretty.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice work on the two Temperature Charts, you can see the difference already.
The Hardanger is lovely too.

Bethan said...

Oh I love the idea of doing a night Temperature Chart as well - the difference will be interesting. I hope you are feeling better soon x