Wednesday 2 January 2019

A good start to 2019

This year I am focussing on stitching for myself and our home. I have looked at Jardin Privè's La Pense Positive for a few years but have not had time to stitch it. This is my first project and will be for our bedroom.


I'll be stitching a bit more on it tonight in The Parlour with the other members of Needlecraft Haven.
My project so far
Last year I decided to change the finishes on my Drawn Thread series of months. I had a frame made and have strengthened each month's design with interfacing. Each month now I can change them over.

January in the frame
Each year I collect the orts as I do my projects and use them to fill my first ornament of the following year which is always a Christmas theme so it can hang on our tree before the decorations are put away. Of course it is then hung with the others when the tree is put up again in December.

This year I have stitched Lizzie Kate's Snow Bird, perfect size for my orts of 2018.

My 2018 collection of orts
My ornament on our tree
I hope your year has had a good crafty start, wishing you many finishes in 2019

10 comments:

Cathy said...

Your new start is awesome. I love the idea of using orts as stuffing; that never even occurred to me. I also think that switching out projects monthly using one frame is a great idea.

Julie said...

I'm looking at my Pense Positive as I type ... it really is a lovely design and will look great in your bedroom . It stitches up quite quickly. Pretty Orts ornament.

Christine said...

Great new start Clare and I love your Ort Ornament

Katie said...

Great new start. I look forward to watching it grow. January looks great. Great new ornament too.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice start on the JP design. I like the idea of stuffing an ornie with your ORTs. I did it one year, I should do it again!

Justine said...

You're off to a great start Clare! I love the Jardin Privé design and Lizzie*Kate is one of my favourite designers so of course I like the ORT ornie. I think you're going to have a fun year choosing what to stitch.

rosey175 said...

Beautiful start to your new bedroom piece. I like your idea of stitching for you and your home for a year! I've stuffed ornaments with yarn and felt scraps before, but I never seem to have enough floss orts to stuff anything. Your new ornament for the year is cute!

Carol said...

I think that is great that you are focusing on stitching for yourself, Clare... You've chosen some great designs and I look forward to watching them grown this year. Happy New Year!

Bethan said...

What a lovely way to display your ORTs. I look forward to seeing your bedroom piece develop x

Astrids dragon said...

That will be a lovely piece to wake up to every morning!
January looks great, I'm happy to say that we finally have snow.
Those are some colourful ORTS, and a cute finish.