Monday 31 May 2021

WIPocalypse May


WIPocalypse is all about stitching we want to do before the End of the World. Measi hosts this great idea at Measi's Musings. As well as sharing our stitching Measi asks month there is a question too, you'll find my answer later on in my post.

So how did my May stitching go? Here were my plans:

  • 12 Days of Christmas - Five Gold Rings by Jardin Prive and Plum Street Samplers 
  • JCS ornament SAL - Ursula Michael Designs My Friendly Gnome
  • Starting a wedding gift
  • Spring Challenges with Needlecraft Haven 
  • December Flip It
Well it was a bit of a slow stitching month, I have not been very interested in my projects maybe because they are all Christmas and a bit samey. I haven't been in blogland much either, apologises, I will try to catch up with everyone's news. 

I have stitched Jardin Prive Five Gold Rings and I have started my Plum Street Sampler piece. I haven't stitched the Friendly Gnome or started the wedding gift, but I have stitched the spring challenges. I have even finished one completely. Still no work on December Flip It. 

Here's my Spring Challenge finish, I have a cardboard box that came with some candles I bought and I now use for keeping my seeds in. The challenge design was a Mandala from World of Stitches and the colours looked great with my box so I fixed it over the product label. 


I have stitched some of the other challenge designs, you can see them in my previous post - May Smalls

This month's question is 'what was the first project you ever stitched?'

This was an embroidery kit that my Godmother gave me for my 10th birthday. It was an oval design of a girl on a swing. I remember the design was printed on the fabric and had an oval frame with it. I have since taken it out of the frame and as you can see it has rust marks and fading. I should press it and look for another frame, still oval, maybe a white one. I do remember my Gran patiently showing me how to do the knots. 


And so to my June plans - I just hope I am more productive this month hee hee 
  • 12 Days of Christmas - Five Gold Rings by Plum Street Samplers 
  • 12 Days of Christmas - Six Geese A-laying
  • JCS ornament SAL - Ursula Michael Designs My Friendly Gnome
  • JCS ornament SAL - My Big Toe Designs Merry Christmas 
  • Starting a wedding gift
  • A birthday gift
  • Spring and Summer Challenges with Needlecraft Haven 
  • December Flip It

5 comments:

Maggie said...

It's great that you still have a piece you stitched when you were young. I didn't start stitching until I was in my 30's but don't think I kept anything from then.

jocondine said...

The mandala stitching is perfect for your box. Lovely finish. I hope to see your friendly gnome soon, so many gnomes WIP on blogs how nice! Lot of gardening here today I hope, the terrace needs more flowers! I wish you'll be able to visit blogs and maybe discover some new places on the other side of the Channel! Bisous.

butterfly said...

Love the box stitching ,I love to add stitching to boxes I have a few of them .
Have a good week hugs.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The Mandala is perfect for the boxtop. I think you should definitely clean up and reframe the little Hummel design. It's such a nice memory to have.
Good luck with June's goals!

Astrids dragon said...

Awe, your first piece is adorable! I hope you find a frame for it soon so it can be displayed.