Wednesday 30 June 2021

WIPocalypse June

 

WIPocalypse is all about stitching we want to do before the End of the World. Measi hosts this great idea at Measi's Musings. As well as sharing our stitching Measi asks month there is a question too, you'll find my answer later on in my post.

These my June plans: 

  • 12 Days of Christmas - Five Gold Rings by Plum Street Samplers 
  • 12 Days of Christmas - Six Geese A-laying
  • JCS ornament SAL - Ursula Michael Designs My Friendly Gnome
  • JCS ornament SAL - My Big Toe Designs Merry Christmas 
  • Starting a wedding gift
  • A birthday gift
  • Spring and Summer Challenges with Needlecraft Haven 
  • December Flip It
I managed to finish the two 12 Days pieces, the JCS ornament for May and December Flip It. 



I have caught up on much of my stitching this month although we have been away. I have also stitched a bit on the Needlecraft Haven challenges and the birthday gift. I have kitted up the wedding gift and some of my other small projects.

I need a day for finishing now, in fact I may set up my sewing machine as I have some larger projects to finish that have been waiting a long long time. Hopefully it will stitch nicely for me, if  not I think it may be time to look at changing it. 

This month's questions is about how our stitching is mid year, a half year review. I think I'm ok, I'm managing to keep up with the SALs I signed up for .... just, and I have completed the gifts for birthdays in the first part of the year in time. I'm pleased too to have finally finished Lizzie Kate's Flip Its. 

However, as I said in a previous post I am going to look at my stitching plans as it all seems to revolve around Christmas. All my SALs are Christmas based and it's easy in January to be very keen and there's always so much to sign up for. I am going to look at setting my year's plans  September and hopefully include more variety for 2022.

And so to my July plans - the birthday and wedding gifts have priority 
  • 12 Days of Christmas - Seven Swans-a-swimming
  • JCS ornament SAL - My Big Toe Designs Merry Christmas 
  • JCS ornament SAL - Carolyn Manning Designs - Caroling Friends 
  • A wedding gift
  • A birthday gift
  • Summer Challenges with Needlecraft Haven 

4 comments:

Maggie said...

I think we all start off the year very productively but other things get in the way. You've done well to keep up with SAL's. I haven't done much stitching at all recently, I have got some plans for July so we shall see.

diamondc said...

Claire: I am so loving that little Gnome Santa, he is so cute, I have been on Pinterest and collecting Gnome Santa designs, if I ever get to stitch them is something else.
It is nice you are able to keep up with your WIPS and SAL'S.

Catherine

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

You need more Spooky stitching! The Christmas stuff is lovely though. I always have a 12 Days design in my rotation now.

Astrids dragon said...

July will be keeping you busy, easy peasy?!