Friday 10 June 2022

Fully Finished Objects in June

 


Rachel, Ten Hour Stitcher, hosts Fully Finished Objects, a super chance for us to show and tell about the crafty items we have completely finished. Thanks Rachel, your FFO prompt each month really helps me finish my projects, especially my letters for this year church tree.

Talking of letters for the Alphabet Tree I only stitched and finished two last month. The L is for Lilian my Grandmother and the E for Ernest my Grandfather. 


I did finish these four gorgeous letters from Faith and equally gorgeous three letters from Lynne. It takes a while to finish each one as I backstitch around before fraying and attaching to the foam felt. I have to leave them 24 hours for the spray adhesive to set before then trimming them. I am loving how they look, with my white lights a d silver tinsel it will be a stunning tree. 



In April I made Hubby a Coffee Koozie so we have one each. I found a switchable purse in my stash so have customized it and it now lives in my handbag ready for any coffee we have when out. The purse also hold a set on mini headphones each for when we visit English Heritage places and use their audio guides. It's a Lizzie Kate design.



My next finish is my autumn stitch for May's Topsy Turvy SAL. It's a Durene Jones series and I'm hoping to stitch the other designs too. 


My final FFO is the Platinum Jubilee coaster I stitched for Mary as part of the Needlecraft Haven Jubilee Exchange. It was quite a task to stitch with the silver and gold thread but it certainly makes it look regal. 


I do keep a list of my finishes and so far this year I have finished 62 items which includes 24 letters sent from my super friends. This month we will be on holiday in Germany so I'm not sure how much will be stitched or finished but I'm sure I'll catch up in July. 

5 comments:

Faith... said...

All the initials look fabulous. What a clever idea to keep your "essentials" in a little purse that you can easily grab and carry with you!

butterfly said...

First just love the crown even the sparkle .
Lovely letters , and all your other stitching is just wonderful.
Have a lovely weekend hugs June.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely work on all your letters. The tree is going to look wonderful this year.
Nice idea to have the little purse for the coffee cosies and ear buds too.

Suzanne H said...

Goodness, you've finished quite alot this month. I'm so looking forward to seeing your tree decorated with letters from all over the world. How wonderful!

Rachel said...

Thank you again for your entries into this month's FFG SAL. I understand your pain about metallic threads, but also agree your crown looks very regal for the sparkle. And I love your Hello Autumn finish. As for the letters... you must almost be able to do them with your eyes closed now! :)