Saturday 20 August 2022

TTSAL Christmas

 


Today is opening day for the Topsy Turvy SAL album on Facebook - Christmas August 22.

As well as joining the TT SAL on Facebook, you can post about your stitching on your own blog or join in with the members of Needlecraft Haven but please wait until the 20th of the month so all our projects are shared at the same time.

I have four finishes for this month's gallery. The first two were stitched for the Summer Challenge with members of Needlecraft Haven. I tried a different way of doing the corners, it's ok and would probably work better on larger projects. 




My other two finishes are for Jo's JCS Stitchalong on Facebook, May and July's choices.

Christmas in my Heart by MTV Designs has the year in the design but I choose to omit it. I finished it as a small table mat, it's the first time I have done drawn thread heming. 




Christmas Bouquet by Patricia Ann Designs was lovely to stitch and finish. I'm looking forward to hanging it at Christmas although I may not put it on the tree as it is quiet a large ornament. 


Did you join in with TTSAL Christmas stitching? I cannot believe Topsy Turvy SAL will be a year old next month ... celebration time. 


4 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I do like the diamond shaped finishes, very elegant. Your hemstitch drawn threadwork is gorgeous too. Very neat!
I've added my 12 Days of Christmas ornaments to the TT Album just now.

Maggie said...

Love the little Christmas mat

butterfly said...

Love your Christmas stitching , and finishing .

DJ said...

Ooooh nice finishing! I love the drawn thread hemming...I would love to learn how to do that. Was there a tutorial somewhere? All your pieces are beautifully stitched, well done! By the way, I finally figured out how to comment using my name...I commented as anonymous on your GG post...LOL...in case you were wondering...