Tuesday 15 November 2022

Gifted Gorgeousnesses in November

 

Gifted Gorgeousness is hosted each month by the lovely Jo at Serendipitous Stitching. GG, on the 15th of each month, is when we share our latest gifts. These can be gifts given or received, or any item made using fabric, threads, buttons, ribbon, chart, backing fabric that has been gifted. If you visit Jo's blog you'll find the links to everyone's Gifted Gorgeousness posts.

My first GG goes back to October and is both sent and received. Needlecraft Haven's Halloween Exchange is always fun. I stitched one of Durene Jones' cats for Mary and I received a beautiful ornament from Mel along with some yummy treats and thread. 





I stitched Durene Jones' little ghost for our daughter and her fiance. I'm not sure if the do anything anymore for Halloween but it was fun to and an excuse to send a few treats too. 


Along with my Halloween Exchange Mel also sent two beautiful letters for the Alphabet Tree. Thank you to everyone who has sent a letter or letters, I'll be putting the tree up at church on 30th November. It's always an exciting, and emotional, moment when the tree has been decorated with all the ornaments hanging. I'll take plenty of photos for a future blog post. 

This time of year most of my stitching is gifts and gifts that cannot be shared, it just means my January Gifted Gorgeousnesses is a full blog post.


10 comments:

Maggie said...

Cute stitching :-)

butterfly said...

Great exchange, what fun.

diamondc said...

Hello Clare: Oh my the ghost is so adorable, we do not celebrate Halloween any longer but I do like seeing all the Halloween stitching and your ghost has my heart.
Your Doreen Cat is so sweet, the finishing is beautiful, love the polka dot ribbon.
Nice exchanges, and candy too.

Catherine

Maggie said...

cute stitching :-)

jocondine said...

Your Halloween stitchings are adorable and funny. Treats and candy look great and a perfect help to wait for Christmas chocolates! xxx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. I love the exchange ornaments, especially the one your received, did she say who the designer is?

DJ said...

Lovely stitching both given and received. Your Halloween stitching is so cute! I can't wait to see pictures of your tree when it's finished! Your trees are always so creative! Always fun to visit your blog.

Faith... said...

What a cute kitty you stitched for your exchange. You received a great ornament as well though I am not sure it is very spooky! And to finish it off another cute ornament for your DD! Looks like something a little one would do to scare someone.

Astrids dragon said...

What a fun Halloween exchange, for both of you!
I'm sorry I didn't send you any letters, I meant to and the time just seemed to fly by.

Elfie said...

Gorgeous Halloween stitching.