Saturday 3 December 2022

2022 Advent Calendar Blog Hop

Are you joining in Jo's Advent Blog Hop? 

It's such a fun activity in blogland. If you haven't heard of it before pop over to her blog post at Serendipitous Stitching where you can find the link to each blog for each day of Advent.

My day is today and Jo asked for a Christmas or Winter stitchy photo. I couldn't chose one photo as I wanted to share my 12 days of Christmas and I stitched two sets in 2021. 

The ones along our mantle is the set by Plum Street Sampler. These are hung for all of Christmas, however my second set (Jardin Prive's 12 Jours de Noel) are hung on my tree and I add one day at a time starting on Christmas Day. 



Jo's question this year is 'What's for Afters?' - afters is another word for pudding or dessert. 

Christmas Day we have a traditional rich fruit Christmas Pudding, flamed with brandy and served with piping hot custard. But not everyone likes it so we also have a chocolate rolly polly, a chocolate sponge rolled into a swirl filled with cream, very indulgent. 

We have been known to have 'Afters' a long time after our Christmas main as we are all so full ... it is often eaten whilst we watch Dr Who, a family Christmas TV must. 

Thanks Jo for organising another great hop, it's always lovely to see everyone's photos a d read their stories. 

Merry Christmas 🎄

21 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in the Advent Calendar Blog Hop this year. I love the way you have displayed your 12 Days series. It would be nice if I got mine FFO'd too!

jocondine said...

Gorgeous stitchings, perfect spirit of Christmas in your house. Your desserts sounds great, I'm sure I'll be able to save some room for a sample of each one even after a big meal! Maybe with a "trou normand" (sorbet and brandy before the salad/cheese). Joyeuses fêtes de Noël ! xxx

Elfie said...

I love both your 12 Day sets. I am quite a fan of 12 Days of Christmas ornaments. I stitched 2 sets this year, and 2 sets last year, and I'm impatiently waiting for my 2023 12 Day set chart to arrive so that I can kit it up. Merry Christmas!

Susan from Canada said...

Love your 12 Days of Christmas ornaments. I have never done any but I feel that I need to!

gracie said...

Wonderful ornaments....Merry Christmas

Shelly said...

Oh my, your ornaments are gorgeous! I really like how you add 1 every day to your tree. Your 'afters' sounds delicious. Merry Christmas!

A Patchwork of Crafts said...

I am with you on Christmas Day Afters often being more towards teatime rather than lunch. I do like your decorations, a twelve days stitch is on my to do list.

butterfly said...

Everything looks wonderful.
Enjoy your week.

Leonore Winterer said...

Christmas pudding is on my list of 'must try some time' dishes, it sounds interesting but I'm not sure I'd like it either!

Sheryl said...

Love the way you have displayed the wonderful Christmas ornaments - the afters are just what I like, yum.

diamondc said...

Clare: This is such a lovely display of ornaments.
Merry Christmas
Catherine

Faith... said...

Thanks for explaining what "afters" meant, I was a bit confused. I love your both of your sets of the !2 Days of Christmas ornaments!

Beth in IL said...

I love your display of ornaments. And you finished it twice! Quite impressive.

Astrids dragon said...

Both of your sets look lovely, I like the tree display.
I actually thought about making a roll this year, we'll see!
I wish the rest of the family enjoyed Doctor Who as much as I do.
Happy Christmas!

Mary's Thread said...

I love seeing all the variety of 12 days ornaments! Yours are lovely. I would love to some eat "afters" with you. I would try a big helping of both! I have never had Christmas pudding. I have had and have made a cake roll before but they are fussy for me to make so it would be a real treat to try yours! Merry Christmas!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

I like your idea of putting one of your 12 days ornaments each day on your tree. That was a fun stitch along last year.

Denise :) said...

Your ornaments are perfect! So very sweet! Christmas Pudding is a lovely dessert ... I love Christmas traditions!

FlashinScissors said...

Your ornaments look lovely! Especially the 12 nights tree! I think I need one of those. 🤣😂
Another project for my “to do” list.
Happy Christmas to you and yours.
Hugs,
Barbara xx

DJ said...

Oh I have such a soft spot for the 12 Days of Christmas ornaments...these are lovely and I especially love the tree display! I may have to do a search on Christmas Pudding, but both of your deserts sound decadent...What lovely traditions you share!

Tiffstitch said...

I love those! I have both patterns, but haven't started them yet. Merry Christmas!

Gwen said...

Your 12 Days ornaments are lovely.