Tuesday 15 August 2023

Fully Finished Objects and Gifted Gorgeousness in August

 



My post this month is again for both FFO and GG as it's really the same items. The secret project has been completed, fully finished and gifted but I can't share until next month. 

FFO is Rachel's, Ten Hour Stitcher, Fully Finished Objects blog sal which is a super chance to show and tell about the crafty that are completely finished. Thanks Rachel

And GG is Jo at Serendipitous Stitching's Gifted Gorgeousness blog sal when we share our latest gifts. These can be gifts given or received, or any item made using fabric, threads, buttons, ribbon, chart, backing fabric that has been gifted.Thank you Jo.

My first item was for a very good friend's special birthday. Julie, a member of Needlecraft Haven, has not had the best of times recently, she's a great friend and so supportive to others. She loves reading so this bookmark was perfect. It's an Etsy design by Rogue Stitchery.

My other item is for another Julie, Hubby's sister, who also had a special birthday. This year three Julie's have all turned 60! 

It's exciting times here with our daughter's wedding just two weeks away. In July I had super a weekend away with the girls and a few weeks later Hubby went on a city break with the chaps. Last weekend we went to Cardiff to give them our gifts and enjoy a celebration meal together.

This is me and Philippa on the Hen Do and me with Hubby last Friday in Cardiff. I'm sure the next two weeks will fly by. 


I'm hoping from September my stitching will be back on track as will my blog reading, I'm sorry to have been away most of the year but I was focusing on wedding things which were secret and it's easier to stay quiet so there's no slip ups 🙊😳😂

11 comments:

DJ said...

So exciting to hear about wedding events...you both look wonderful! What a lovely picture of you with the bride-to-be! I love your stitching, the bookmark is perfect and you can never go wrong with an initial in a coaster! Enjoy the wedding and best wishes to the bride and groom!

diamondc said...

Hello Clare: What a sweet post, your and your daughter are lovely.
Super sweet photo of you and your husband.
Nice bookmark and coaster.

Catherine

Astrids dragon said...

The bookmark turned out great, I like the tassel with all the colours in it.
Lovely J, is it a coaster or paperweight?
I'm glad you're having fun before the big day and I hope we'll be able to see some photos afterwards!

butterfly said...

What a fun time you all had in Cardiff, lovely shops there.
Congrats to your daughter and partner , and wishing them a lifetime of Happy ness.
Enjoy the week hugs June.

Maggie said...

Hope all goes well with the wedding and that the weather is on your side.

Toki said...

I'm sure your reading friend would have been delighted.
I hope your beautiful daughter has a wonderful wedding.

Toki said...

Nice bookmark.Your friend must have been pleased.
I hope your beautiful daughter has a wonderful wedding.

Toki said...

Your book-loving friend must have been pleased with the Lovely bookmark.
I hope your beautiful daughter has a wonderful wedding.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. How funny to have three 60th celebrations for Julies! It’s very much a name of our era though. My best friend was called Julie, we’ve still got a couple of years to go.
I bet you’re excited about the wedding, such a lovely way to all get together and celebrate.

jocondine said...

The bookmark is lovely, perfect pattern. The gift for the Julie (s) great too. Well done! Congrats to the lovely couple. Félicitations aux jeunes mariés ! Tous mes voeux de bonheur ! xxx

Faith... said...

Love the stitching Clare! The bookmark is very nice and I am sure very appreciated because you can never have to many! The J is very pretty and I love that border. Your daughter is beautiful and I am sure everyone is counting down to the big day!

I wish her and her future husband have nothing but days of happiness coming up!