Friday 10 May 2024

May's Fully Finished Objects

With us being away on our cruise I only have a couple of fully finished items. Rachel, Ten Hour Stitcher, is the super host of Fully Finished Objects which is a great opportunity to show and tell about our crafty items that are completely finished. It is lovely to see everyone's finishes.

Last year I helped a friend at church finish her Lavender and Lace Angel. Being in her late 80s she was struggling to put the beading on. All that was left was the long stitches for the instrument strings. A few weeks ago I went to see her as she was struggling to add these in. It didn't take long and she carefully rolled the piece to take to the framers.

The other week she sent a photo of it back from the framers, it's beautiful. I'm so pleased it is now finished and she can give it to her daughter.

My own FFO is a upcycled project. Many years ago in an exchange I was gifted a winter mini cushion. Sincere apologies as I cannot remember who stitched it but it is beautiful. 

However I wasn't using it as a cushion so I took it apart and have used drawn thread techniques to make a tablecloth for my flower vases.


I do have another finished item but it's a gift which will not be opened until tomorrow so I'll share next time. 

6 comments:

butterfly said...

Beautiful stitching, Hugs June.

diamondc said...

Hi Clare: It is so kind of you to help her put the beads on the design, your heart is amazing.
The cloth you added the drawn thread technique to is lovely I too would use it for a table top.

Catherine

Pamela said...

I just started a Lavender and Lace piece. Your friend’s angel is gorgeous! The drawn thread finish is perfect! Very nice!

Mary said...

That is sweet to help your friend finish her beautiful piece. Threading the needle to bead can be very challenging. Using the drawn thread technique was a perfect way to repurpose that beautiful stitched cushion.

Carol said...

How sweet of you to help your older friend finish off her angel, Clare! It's so beautiful and what a wonderful gift for her daughter. Love how you finished the other piece as well! Hope you're enjoying a lovely May!

jocondine said...

The framed stitching is amazing, what a lovely pattern! You're a great stitching partner, well done! xxx