Sunday 22 February 2009

HD more cards

Yesterday I went to Telford with mum and DD to the Craft 4 Crafters exhibition. Mum had two free tickets and DD got in free which was a bonus. DH took us but decided to go round Telford whilst we went in.

It was a lot lot smaller than the NEC but much quieter and easier to see the exhibits and displays. Most stands had people happy to demonstrate and it was easy to get in to watch (not like the NEC push and shove).

I bought some fasteners and beads for my bead work, a box for my card making, some decoupage scissors and a pricking tool... then I spotted a new cutout stamp...ooohhh

The demonstration was superb and I needed a coffee to think about it as it was quite expensive for one cutout. Decision made we went back just before leaving to buy the stamp... but there was a package price too that included all the equipment needed to make some fantastic things.

Needless to say I bought the package plus a couple of other small bits to go with it - well it was my half term treat ;)

I played quite happily last night practicing with all the bits. I finally managed to make three cards and I can't wait until next weekend to make some more.












It has spurned me on to sort out my card making boxes and today I have had a very satisfying time going through all my stash. I now have quite a few re-cycled items that I am planning on making into new cards maybe tonight or tomorrow.

Thank you for looking at my craft work.

5 comments:

Julie said...

These are wonderful, will cardmaking cut into the stitching time?? LOL

Clare-Aimetu said...

Probably LOL

Christine said...

Sounds like a great day out. The cards are beautiful

Sally said...

Those cards are lovely Clare:)

Karan said...

Sounds like you had a great time at the show & came away with a nice haul. I love the cards - so pretty. :0)