Friday 3 December 2021

Christmas Tree Festival 2021

They're up, the trees at church are up and church will be open every weekend up to Christmas. It's been a huge relief to everyone involved, especially with last year's festival being cancelled.

There are restrictions visiting; a one way system, some trees further apart, hand sanitiser and masks. The church looks amazing and seems to have an extra calming, comforting feel about it, I can't wait to visit Saturday and see it fully finished. 

If you live near Nuneaton a visit to Ansley Church Christmas Tree Festival 2021 will certainly put you in the festive mood. 

The exciting news is the 'Bouquet of Flowers' is in church and is stunning, thank you everyone. 

If you don't know about this beautiful Bouquet here are the links to my previous posts that will explain the tree's concept and how it progressed to the beautiful tree in church this year.

Could you help me make a bouquet?

Bouquet of Flowers St Laurence's

I was very surprised to have been allocated such a prominent position in church, a lovely touch with the flowers being stitched by so many people. I printed a little background story to the tree and a list of where the flowers were sent from and attached it to the bucket base. The flower ribbon was made by my Mum.



My photo doesn't really show the full list very well so here it is: 

Australia   -   Cambridgeshire   -   Canada   -    Connecticut   -   Cornwall   -    Devon
France   -   Germany   -   India   -    Leicestershire   -    Maryland   -    New York State
Ohio   -   Pennsylvania   -    Spain   -    Suffolk   -    Surrey   -    Virginia   -    Warwickshire



Thank you so much to everyone who stitched and sent a flower, I must say I was overwhelmed by everyone's kindness. I found 2020 an extremely difficult time in so many ways and receiving each flower gave me hope and a feeling of not being alone .... words don't seem enough, thank you from the bottom of my heart. 

Many of the trees were up, there were just a few to be finished. These two caught my eye and the far wall is complete with the giant baubles hung up high. It's quite an amazing sight. 




Christmas is certainly coming, I wish you all joy, peace and time with your loved ones. 


11 comments:

Leonore Winterer said...

I'm so glad you could finally put this stunning tree on display. Thank you for letting me know!
There were so many amazing examples of stitchers - all people really, but I notices it most among stitchers - coming together to make these trying times a little easier. I'm extremely happy to by part of such a caring community!

jocondine said...

Superbe ! Happy too, to see that wonderful tree and all the lovely flowers you finished in such a pretty way!
The visit of the church must be a great moment! Joyeux Noël ! xxx

Elfin Stitches (Lynne in Australia) said...

Wow! The trees are so beautiful. I wish I lived close enough to visit the Church. Thanks for letting us see the display, Clare.

butterfly said...

Oh Clare , the tree looks wonderful, well done to all.
All the displays look wonderful.
Let me know if you ever want help again , it was fun.
Take care and enjoy your week.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

It's brilliant that your church's tree festival is taking place this year. Your tree is beautiful.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Ooo, we have been given a good spot! They clearly recognise quality when they see it! The tree looks beautiful. It was definitely the right thing to finish them all yourself as the same style pulls the whole thing together. The other trees look lovely too. I am sure people are going to love being able to see them in person this year.

diamondc said...

Clare: How wonderful to see all these beautiful trees.

Merry Christmas
Catherine

Sheryl said...

Oh goodness Clare, what an amazing display and how wonderful the trees look, all so beautiful and different. It was a pleasure to help you in such a small way and I´m sure people are going to admire the stitched flowers from so many places. Thank you for sharing these gorgeous photos. Happy Christmas

Carol said...

What a delight it must be to see all of those beautiful trees in person! Well done, Clare, on organizing so many stitchers from around the world to contribute. Merry Christmas to you!

Ann C. said...

You did a beautiful job finishing the flower ornaments. Have a Merry Christmas!

Mary's Thread said...

How very lovely! Thank you for sharing all the trees, especially your gorgeous flower tree! It is so heartwarming to see!