Saturday 30 July 2022

July Smalls

 

Mary at Mary's Thread is the lovely host of the Smalls SAL. On the last Friday of the month we share our small stitching items that we have completed but not necessarily fully finished. As today is Saturday you can see I'm a day late in posting ... oops.

I have not stitched as much this month as I have been working on a very special gift which I'll share as soon as I can. I have been using my sewing machine too on another special gift, again all will be revealed soon. 

I have stitched my Halloween piece for this month's Topsy Turvy SAL. It's a Durene Jones design, I do want to stitch the other too in this group too, hopefully I'll find time soon. 


Oh a disappointing note Hubby and I tested positive for Covid last Tuesday, and our son now has it too. We have no real proof of where from but we have an idea ... so annoying as we've been so careful the last two years. We travelled all around Germany and France staying in different hotels and stayed safe. We're both fine, just heavy colds but nothing serious. I'm very sad though as today our daughter and fiance should have been here for a week and we have tickets for a few of the Commonwealth Games events. Yet again our special moments are delayed ... life is cruel at times, but we are ok. 

5 comments:

Rachel said...

So sorry about Covid delaying your plans, but thank goodness it's nowhere near as dangerous as a couple of years ago.
I love you DJ Small, but wonder exactly what the pumpkin has seen to make him so scared!!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The spooky stitch is so cute! Sorry to hear that Covid has got you both. I'm beginning to think it's a matter of time before we all have it.

Maggie said...

Sorry your plans have been scuppered by Covid, unfortunately I don't think there will be many people that will escape getting it at some point, despite how careful we are. Hope you all feel better soon. Take care x

butterfly said...

So sorry about your plans , Covid is every where right now .
Lets hope it does not spoil to many life's , and that it plays it's self out soon.
Love your spooky stitching .
Hope you all get better very soon.

Elfie said...

That's a cute Small. It's a shame that your plans were spoiled by COVID. I hope you all recover quickly.