Monday 10 October 2022

Fully Finished in October

 

Rachel, Ten Hour Stitcher, hosts Fully Finished Objects, a super chance for us to show and tell about the crafty items we have completely finished. Thanks Rachel, your FFO prompt each month really helps me finish my projects, especially my letters for this year's church tree.

I have finished my final 9 letters which means as well as family initials I have stitched every letter of the alphabet.




Another Fully Finished Object is my New Year ornament which I stitched for September's Topsy Turvy SAL. 


In also stitched and finished this mini pillow for my friend Gill. She is a member of Needlecraft Haven along with her very close friend Angi. Sadly Angi passed away early September and so I stitched this for Gill. Angi was one of the first members of Needlecraft Haven and until her illness was very active in our daily chats, meet ups and exchanges. We all miss her, she was a lovely lady.


I'm not sure if Rachel will allow this item as although I stitched it it was already made up. I will say it was a nightmare to stitch and I did catch the back a few times. I also had to blanket stitch the opening edges as they were just cut and started to fray.

The cushion was for our daughter's fiance's grandmother who just turned 90 at the start of October.



As we get nearer Christmas I probably won't be able to share many FFOs as they will be gifts, guess that means there will be lots in January - hee hee 

4 comments:

butterfly said...

Wonderful stitching, and gifts so pretty.

diamondc said...

Hi Clare: You have been very busy finishing; your ornaments are lovely.
Beautiful pillows.
Have a great day

Catherine

Faith... said...

Glad you finished all your Alphabet stitches for the tree. That was very kind of you to stitch the pillow for your friend. I am sure she will cherish it. The Gram pillow is very cute as well though I can see how stitching the back would be easy to do!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Your letters look beautiful, the tree is going to be stunning again this year.
Sorry to hear about Angi, it’s so hard to lose a close friend.