Saturday 15 October 2022

Gifted Gorgeousness in October

 


Gifted Gorgeousness is hosted each month by the lovely Jo at Serendipitous Stitching. GG, on the 15th of each month, is when we share our latest gifts. These can be gifts given or received, or any item made using fabric, threads, buttons, ribbon, chart, backing fabric that has been gifted. If you visit Jo's blog you'll find the links to everyone's Gifted Gorgeousness posts.

You may have seen my gifted cushion on my FFO post. The cushion was pre-made and has been in my stash for many many years. Our daughter's fiance's grandmother turned 90 at the start of October, everyone (including us) call her Gran so I stitched up the cushion with Gran on instead of her name.



The design was with the cushion but only one corner so I reversed it for the other and found an Alphabet design just the right size. I recently discovered her favourite colour is blue, perfect timing for choosing my colour scheme. She looks very pleased with her gift. 


My other gift was also on my FFO post. Sadly one of the Needlecraft Haven ladies passed away last month. Angi was such a fun lady, joining in our exchanges and coming to our meet ups with Gill who is also a NH member. I stitched Gill a mini pillow as they had been close friends for many years. 


This was taken at our last meet up in 2017 as with all the ups and downs of recent years we haven't held another one since. Angi is wearing bright pink and Gill is the lady on the left in a checked shirt.


We're currently on holiday in France although it's our last day today. We've had a lovely time, quite good weather too but I haven't done any stitching. The overnight hotels never have good enough lighting and as we're on holiday with friends we've been playing cards (and drinking wine) most evenings. Hopefully my needle will be busy once we're home.

8 comments:

butterfly said...

Lovely pillows for special ladies.
Hope you had a great holiday, we played cards a couple of days on holiday due to rain we had great fun with friends.

DJ said...

Such beautiful pillows! I'm envious of anyone who can make them look so lovely! Even the ruffles are perfect! Gran sure looks pleased with hers! I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend, but what a lovely thing to do for her friend. What fun to be able to meet up in person again. Enjoy your holiday away, safe travels home, and Happy Stitching when you do get home!

diamondc said...

Hello Clare: I am so sorry about your loss, I sure it will feel empty for a while at your get togethers.
Grams pillow is a hit she looks so happy, you are so sweet to stitch this for her.
The Memory pillow is beautiful.
Its so sad when the last day of any retreat comes to an end but planning and getting together the next time brings joy.

Catherine

FlashinScissors said...

Such beautiful cushions Clare!
So sorry for your loss. The memory cushion has such a touching sentiment.
Hope you’ve had a great holiday!
Barbara xx

Elfie said...

The cushion you stitched for Gran is gorgeous. She clearly loves it! I also love the other little cushion. The sentiment is so beautiful.

jocondine said...

Your two gifts are wonderful, very nice and full of stitched love! I'm gonna visit your travel blog to check where you were staying here in holidays! Bisous. xxx

Faith... said...

Gran looks like she loved the gift you made for her!! I am sure that Gill will have a similar reaction! Sounds like you had a good holiday with your friends.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. The pillows are beautiful and make lovely gifts.

I think you need to arrange another meet-up next summer as an Angi Memorial.