Monday 31 October 2022

Temperature SAL

I've been stitching my Temperature SAL this month to catch up as I have been quite a way behind, and I'm delighted to have finished half of my cake band temperature record. 

Each day I have used timeanddate.com to look at the highest and lowest temperature of either here at home or where we are if on holiday or visiting our daughter in Cardiff. 

I have two cake bands for this year's Temperature SAL; a winter one covering January, February, March, October, November and December, and a summer one April, May, June, July, August and September.

My summer band is now complete, I love it as the very hot days in bright yellow remind me of, firstly our holiday in Germany, and then the two very hot weeks here at home. 




I need to measure round my cake tin to decide where to do the finishing edge before backing it in baking parchment. I've done this with stitched cake bands I have done before and it reduces the need for full washing. I use a very light brushing of pva glue to attach the paper and then can wipe clean after each use.

I just need to work on my winter band now but it may have to wait a while as I have a few more urgent bits to do. 

3 comments:

diamondc said...

Clare: They are lovely.
I am interested in seeing them on the tin.

Catherine

butterfly said...

Love all the little flowers.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

These will be a great reminder of the very hot summer we had this year!