Tuesday 10 January 2023

Fully Finished in January

Rachel, Ten Hour Stitcher, is hosting Fully Finished Objects again in 2023. It's a super chance for us to show and tell about the crafty items we have completely finished. Thanks Rachel, your FFO prompt each month really helps me finish my projects instead of them still in my project folders.


I have a few FFO' from December to share although you may have seen them already. I find doing FFO, GG and Smalls blog posts I often post about things more than once ... feels like I am showing off hee hee. Anyway here's my catchups from December. 


Two special ornaments for two little cuties

I made puddings this year to send in my Christmas cards 

Over Christmas I quickly stitched a birthday gift for our future son-in-law's mum who had a special birthday in the New Year. It was tight time wise as with our post being so disrupted they took it when they went back to Wales on 27th. 

Julie's special birthday gift

One of my close friends also has a birthday the same day and this year I wanted to stitch something special. I was a little late in finishing it but amazingly Postie delivered it super quick. I bought the full calendar set from Faby Reilly in her recent sale; it was a joy to stitch and finish and I was super pleased with how it came together. 

Gill's birthday gift

My final FFO is my Orts Ornie. I used this month's JCS Stitchalong design but didn't stitch it as a globe. You can join this fun SAL with Jo on Facebook, every month is a different design from 2022 Just Cross Stitch Christmas Ornament magazine, voted for by everyone.

I save my orts in a bon bon jar bought for me by my late mother-in-law and my first ornament of the new year is stuffed using them. It's a nice way to use up my orts, funny how some years the ornament is a little flatter or bigger. This year the orts filled it just right.



As I said you may have seen some of these before and you will see some again in GG and Smalls. Our hobby is about sharing as well as stitching, in blogging and giving. 

I have decided on this year's church tree, it will be The White Tree and you can find details on my previous blog post. It is hardanger but I will blog as I make one so even if it's new to you or a bit scary you might like to give it a go. 


6 comments:

DJ said...

Wow look at all your finishes! You were busy! I need to get busy on my Christmas ornament...I printed off the pattern (I get a digital copy of the ornament issue) but I've been preoccupied with some other projects. Yours looks fabulous...and gave me incentive to get stitching! Happy New Year!

butterfly said...

Lovely stitching Clare , enjoy your day hugs June.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Fabulous finishing! I do like the idea of stuffing an ornament with ORTs. I did try it once but I have very few ORTs and it didn’t really work too well!
The 60th coaster is lovely, coasters do make great little presents. Useful and the stitching is protected!

Rachel said...

Thank you for taking part in the FFG SAL this month. The little robins look so proud to have been stuffed with your ORTs!

Faith... said...

It doesn't matter how many times you show your stitching; I enjoy seeing them each time. I love your Pudding ornaments and the gifts you sent out to your friends. That is a great idea for using the orts. I put mine in a clear ornament and label it with the year.

Astrids dragon said...

So many fantastic finishes, your gifts are lovely.