Tuesday 31 October 2023

Halloween Trick or TreatBlog Hop

  πŸŽƒπŸ¦‡πŸ‘»πŸ•Έ Happy Halloween πŸ•ΈπŸ‘»πŸ¦‡πŸŽƒ

It's that time of year when we celebrate anything spooky, All Hallow's Eve is a celebration of the dead the day before All Saint's Day when we celebrate all who did good. Nowadays it's a chance to dress up and decorate our homes with ghosts, spiders, ghouls and most importantly pumpkins. 

I don't carve a pumpkin now our children are grown up but I do decorate the lounge with my Halloween ornaments, although some are more harvest/autumn than Halloween. 

Halloween also means it's Blog Hop time thanks to the lovely Jo at Serendipitous Stitching. You need to collect a letter from each blog to reveal a Mystery Phrase. Pop over to Jo's blog to see the list of bloggers who have a spooky letter ....

..... my letter is 


Jo asked us all to include a photo of something we have stitched for Halloween. My stitching is my October from Drawn Thread's calendar series. I stitched them many years ago and finished them as box ornaments. A few years ago I took them apart and changed them into flat pieces of fabric backed with interfacing, I change them in my frame each month. 


Keep my letter safe and follow the Halloween Trick or Treat Blog Hop 2021 by visiting 

http://astridxstitching.blogspot.com

I'll leave you with my decorations including my new leaf dish filled with Chinese lanterns from my garden.





Have a super Halloween be that enjoying a film, dressing up, pumpkin carving or just eating treats (no-one likes a trick), have fun being spooky πŸ‘»πŸ•ΈπŸ¦‡

15 comments:

jocondine said...

I love the "monthly" frame, such a clever idea. Love all your display too, so great to have a place you can decorate by season. Automn leave plate is very nice, I had a Chinese lantern plant in the garden years ago but it sadly disappeared, here we call it "love in cage"! Happy Halloween. xxx

Roni said...

Happy Halloween, I love your display with all the little ornaments. I spy a Durene Jones in there..

DJ said...

What fun Halloween stitching! I especially love the featured picture...sweet! Thanks for the treat! Happy Halloween!

Astrids dragon said...

I like it in the frame, it looks great!
Such a sweet display, I love all the stitched pieces.
Witching you a Happy Halloween!

Carol said...

Such cute Halloween decorations! I especially love your Halloween tree. I always meant to put one up myself--even bought the tree, but never got around to it. Happy Halloween!

diamondc said...

Hi Clare: Nice fall design, sweet displays.

Catherine

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in the Hop this year. I do like your seasonal pieces. I probably have more for this time of year than any other! The tree looks fantastic. I really want one but most of my smalls have been scrapbooked. I'd have to stitch them again, or start some new ones!

beadgirl said...

Ooh, I love those dried lantern flowers. My mom had some when I was a child. Happy Halloween!

Shelly said...

Aww, love your Halloween display! The Chinese lanterns are so pretty, a perfect color Fall and Halloween. I watched avs ary show too😊

Shelly said...

Aww, love your Halloween display! The Chinese lanterns are so pretty, a perfect color Fall and Halloween. I watched avs ary show too😊

Leonore Winterer said...

Great decorations - thank you for the letter!

butterfly said...

Lovely Halloween decorations .
Have a fun weekend.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

I always enjoy seeing your monthly Drawn Thread designs Clare. You have a good selection of ornaments on Halloween tree.

Katie said...

Lovely finish and I love your display. So perfect. Thanks for the letter. Off to continue my hunt.

Faith... said...

Love your stitching! Everything looks great and what a cute tree!