Tuesday 10 October 2023

Fully Finished Objects in October

I've a few finished objects to share this month, my stitching has been very different this year with my focus on the wedding sampler. it's quite nice to be stitching small projects again.

Rachel, Ten Hour Stitcher, is the lovely host of Fully Finished Objects. It's a super chance for us to show and tell about the crafty items we have completely finished.

My first finished object is a small coaster mat. I've had the oval fabric, with its beautiful machine embroidered edge, in my stash for many years so it was a delight to finally use it. Hubby's aunt turned 90 in September and altering a 'Mother'card design I stitched her a personalised coaster. 


I backed it with foam felt so she could put a mug or cup on it but I was told 'oh no nothing is being put on it, it's too nice'. We took her out for a meal with our daughter and son-in-law surprising her by joining us.


My other FFO objects are six Christmas ornaments I have made for the Ronald McDonald House in Orange, I sent them off to Catherine last week, I hope they don't take too long to cross the pond! It was fun to stitch these and give something back as I have received so many lovely stitched items for my church trees. 







I've a few more items on the go so I'm hoping to have a few items in next month's Fully Finished Objects post. 

5 comments:

diamondc said...

Hi Clare: What a sweet post, all the ornaments are so cute.

Catherine

Toki said...

Your husband’s aunt is very cute.The present is beautiful.
I think it's wonderful that you and Catherine have such a connection.

Pamela said...

A wonderful gift for your 90 year old family member! The ornaments are sweet and I know they are appreciated by the Ronald McDonald House.

Faith... said...

What a lovely card for your Husband's aunt! She doesn't look 90 at all! Your daughter looks very happy, married life must agree with her? I love all the ornaments for the Ronald McDonald house and I may steal the way you finished yours for mine. It is cute and looks quick and easy.

Have a great week.

DJ said...

Awww your ornaments are so cute...but even more cute finished (if that's possible)!! Your card for your husband's aunt is lovely! Wishing her a very happy belated birthday! Happy Stitching@