Friday 16 February 2024

Gifted Gorgeousness February 2024

Gifted Gorgeousness is hosted each month by the lovely Jo at Serendipitous Stitching. GG, on the 15th of each month, is when we share our latest gifts. These can be gifts given or received, or any item made using fabric, threads, buttons, ribbon, chart, backing fabric that has been gifted. If you visit Jo's blog you'll find the links to everyone's Gifted Gorgeousness posts, thanks Jo.


February is always a month of gifts for us as Hubby and I celebrate Valentine's Day, it's the Needlecraft Haven Valentine Exchange and it's our son's girlfriend's and our daughter's birthdays. I can only share the gift I made for our son's girlfriend as her birthday is the 16th (hence my delay in posting). Our daughter's birthday is the 17th, they both turn 30 this year, in fact they are only 8/10 hours apart in age. We will not be seeing our daughter until the 19th so I'll share her gift next month.
Our son has bought his girlfriend a sewing machine so I made her a sewing box. Another one of my recovering boxes projects, the top is slightly padded so can be a pin/needle cushion too. I filled it will a few sewing essentials. 




This year the Needlecraft Haven Valentine Exchange was a non-stitchy exchange. It was a secret exchange so we didn't sign the card included in the parcels. Each parcel needed to contain a pair of socks, a sweet treat and a love/friendship chart you were happy to pass on from your stash, or a freebie online. 

The Valentine's parcel I sent included a cute pair of Me to You socks, some Guylian chocolate hearts, a packet of Love Hearts along with a Lizzie Kate chart. It's one I have been meaning to stitch but just haven't had time, I did take a working copy before passing it on and I'm going to ask my partner if she would like to do it as a stitch along in the summer. 


I was a bit surprised when my exchange arrived. I received a parcel in the post and put it to one side waiting for the 14th. As it was a busy day I planned to open my parcel in the evening. To my surprise I had small parcel from Amazon which I opened as we were not expecting anything. To my surprise it was a pair of socks with a note from Needlecraft Haven ... so what was in my parcel? 

A beautiful stitched card along with a printed chart and a selection of Green and Black chocolate bars. There was also a preused kit with the unused threads ... a very special kit as I know it belonged to one of the Needlecraft Haven ladies no longer with us and was stitched for me on a previous exchange. I have a guess but I don't know for sure who my very generous Valentine's partner is. 



You may have seen this butterfly in my Fully Finished Objects post. The wooden butterfly was a gift to me at Christmas and now I've stitched it I'm gifting it to a little girl whose family have just moved house and so has a new bedroom. There was no chart so it was fun to make up a design. 


As I said Valentine's Day is special to us as it's the day Hubby asked me to marry him, and 38 years on we still celebrate. All my ornaments are out, I've had some beautiful flowers including red roses and we exchanged cards and small gifts. We had a lovely meal at home with our favourite champagne and eton mess for dessert (the photo includes the chef's cheeky gin and tonic)



What a lovely Gifted Gorgeousness it has been, I hope you've all had a lovely February too. 

8 comments:

Mary said...

Your stitching is so pretty. It sounds like you had a lovely Valentine's Day. Your dessert looks delicious.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. February really is a special month for your family. Lovely heartfelt exchanges too.

butterfly said...

What a lovely gifts exchanged .
Wishing you also a Happy Anniversary
Have a fun week.Hugs June.

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Rachel said...

Your GG posts are always full of so much love and GG! You are one very kind and lucky lady!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Lovely gifts Clare. At least you were kept guessing for awhile who your exchange partner was with the separate sock delivery. I shouldn't be in such a hurry to post :)

Toki said...

I agree with Rachel.It's filled with all kinds of love.I also feel happy and warm while reading this.