Friday 25 February 2022

February Smalls

 

Mary at Mary's Thread is the host of Smalls SAL, a super idea to appreciate the our smaller projects. On the last Friday of the month we share our small stitching items that we have completed but not necessarily fully finished. Mary has a link up post on her blog so we can pop over to see everyone's work, I love see everyone's stitching. 

I have stitched four more letters for the Alphabet Tree, I'm doing our immediate family initials. These are our daughter, her boyfriend, Hubby and our son's letters, mine is next. I am planning to do our parents initials next, I'll be doing a very special S for my mother-in-law who passed away suddenly on Wednesday.






My next small is something for me, I love my sewing box but it's too big and the wrong shape to fit properly in my new travel bag that our son gave me for Christmas. The only option was to find a better sized box and make a travelling sewing box. Durene Jones' 2016 freebie was perfect in size and design. 


Finally here's my snowman bookmark. I've stitched this as part of the JCS Stitch Along on Facebook. The February design was 'A Friendly Snowman'and is another Durene Jones design. I decided to make a bookmark, I just have the backing to do and to trim the fringing. 

Thank you Mary for hosting this great SAL. Happy stitching everyone.

13 comments:

diamondc said...

Clare: I am so sorry for your loss; it is hard to lose someone so close.
Your Alphabets are beautiful, I am looking forward to seeing the one you do for your mother-in-law.
Your snowman and Xstitch design are adorable, Doreen Jones does have some really sweet desigsnt hat are easily stitched up.

Catherine

Carol said...

I'm so sorry to read about the passing of your mother-in-law, Clare...

Beautiful smalls--I especially like the little bookmark. Do take care now and please accept my condolences.

Cathy said...

Lots of smalls this month. I love that bookmark!

Faith... said...

Oh Clare I am so sorry to hear about your MIL. I love your XS lady and the Snowman! He is very cute.

butterfly said...

What lovely stitching Clare .
I am sorry to hear about your Mother-in-law .
I have just stitched a letter for your tree and it was a S !
Can you send me your address again hugs.

Mary said...

I am sorry for the loss of your MIL. Your finishes are really beautiful.

Elfie said...

So sorry for your loss, Clare.
Yiur stitching is beautiful, as always.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

So sorry for your loss, she does deserve a special ornament for the tree this year.
I love the little sparkle in the flowers on the first letters. Your snowman is great too, the fringing looks like he has a very long scarf!

Astrids dragon said...

So sorry to hear about your MIL. Treasure your memories, you must have plenty. It will be a very special stitched initial for sure.
Your stitch for the box is adorable and I love the fringe you added to the snowman.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Your alphabet is growing well Clare. Lovely stitching.

Rachel said...

Great smalls! DJ can usually be relied on to find an appropriate freebie.
Sorry to hear about your sudden loss; hope your hubby, you and your family are coping.

Mary's Thread said...

Beautiful work! I love the bit of sparkle on the M and P. I'm sorry for your recent grief. How hard. Thank you for joining the SAL even in a difficult time.

Suzanne H said...

I'm so sorry to read about your mother-in-law. Your family is in my prayers.