Thursday 10 February 2022

Fully Finished Objects in February

Rachel, Ten Hour Stitcher, hosts Fully Finished Objects, a super chance for us to show and tell about the crafty items we have completely finished. Thanks Rachel, your FFO prompt each month really helps me finish my projects instead of them still in my project folders. I love seeing everyone's finishes, so inspirational.

My first finish is for Needlecraft Haven's Seasonal Challenge. Each season Christine posts two freebie charts, one Christmassy and one seasonal. I stitched the Christmas choice - Christmas Robin by Leasley Teare.

I used plastic canvas and reversed the image to stitch a second one. I've attached them to our ribbon card hangers that are used for our family cards each year. They are so cute and they cover the ribbon knot just perfect.


My next finish was for the Topsy Turvy SAL. January was Easter stitching and I chose to do a Lace Egg, a free chart from Jardin Prive. I used plastic canvas with DMC variegated thread.

The backing is foam felt and the ribbon is from our Panettone box at Christmas, it's the perfect colour match. I do have a chocolate version on my to do list.


The Alphabet Tree ornaments are growing, I have now stitched and finished both Zs. I don't think I''m going to stitch the whole alphabet of each design but we'll see as I am enjoying them. I'm doing our family initials next - the flower design for the girls and the Assisi design for the chaps. 

In a strange but delightful way I am including another stitchers work in my FFO post. The lovely Rachel has stitched my initials for the tree in a beautiful pastel green. Rachel sent them flat in a card and I trimmed and finished them as the others, they look super, thank you Rachel.



My new sewing machine is super, I have used it for a special gift (secret for a while longer) and to finish my mini cushion for Jo's JCS Stitch Along on Facebook. All the designs are from Just Cross Stitch's Christmas Ornament magazine for 2021 and January's stitch was from The Little Stitcher. 

I had some grey/blue fabric in my stash and a little bit of my robin ribbon so I decided to do a mini cushion. It was lovely sewing it up on the machine. I even stitched along both edges of the ribbon in white between the red ribbon stitching and the ribbon edge, I have never managed such precise sewing before. The photo with the flowers is to show the size, it will be on my sideboard like this at Christmas, maybe against my candlesticks.



I am absolutely thrilled with my final FFO. I love upcycling boxes and have had this Radley watch box for a few years. Inside is a cushion that my watch was on and whilst using my new sewing machine I found it made the perfect handy pin cushion. It's the right height so easy to pop pins in and out and holds quite a few. The top is inset so I decided to stitch something to fit inside. 

Durene Jones' Stitch was the exact fit if stitched on 22ct. I used foam felt to mount it as it is slightly bendable and made it easier to fit in, it's glued in place with the edges gently eased under the rim. The design had space at the top for a charm but stitching on 22ct made the space too small for any I have. I did however find a fabric covered button in my button box that matched the box colour, I have no idea where that came from, maybe a blouse many years ago. 

I am so delighted with my pin box, hopefully I'll need to get the sewing machine out again and use it, meantime it looks lovely on my side table as it's too nice to be put away.




It's been a lovely month of FFO and I have a few more finishes but they will have to wait until next month. Happy stitching and finishing everyone. 

15 comments:

Suzanne H said...

Wow! Wonderful finishes. I too stitched that Durene Jones and your box is perfect for it. What a clever idea. I'm so happy you like your sewing machine. Your cushion came out lovely. I've sent you my alphabet stitches yesterday. Hopefully, they won't take too long to get there.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Ann commented - I love your pincushion box. It is beautiful and functional

Cathy said...

I love all your finishes this month.

diamondc said...

Clare: Your ribbon stitching is so sweet, the egg is adorable, nice initials and finish.
The pillow is so pretty and looks good with the flowers.
Love the box finish and design.

Catherine

Carol said...

Oh, what a productive month you've had, Clare! Your little box finish is very special and your pillow looks perfect. I'm so glad you're enjoying your new sewing machine--I see many finished pillows and ornaments in your future!

butterfly said...

Oh my Clare what beautiful stitching and fab finishing .
I can see you are enjoying your stitching have fun.

Mary said...

Such great finishing, I love the Stitch but the star of the post is your Robin! Love, love your finishing and that adorable ribbon. Great finish!!

Vickie said...

Christmas Robin by Leasley Teare for the ribbon is wonderful! And the box finish is really neat.

Giusi said...

Molto bello 😊

Kaisievic said...

Wow! Clare, I love your Robin finish - so darling, But all of your stitching is lovely.

Faith... said...

Your initials for the tree look great and so do Rachel's. The Christmas Robins are adorable! And the pin cushion was such a creative use of the box and so useful!

FlashinScissors said...

Wow, Clare! Your finishes are fabulous! Especially the Ridley watch box pincushion, your stitched piece was perfection!
Hugs,
Barbara xx

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

You have been busy Clare. These are all lovely finishes.

Rachel said...

Thank you for linking up with so many pieces for this month's FFG SAL. The pin box is such a creative idea and I'm glad it all came together as you hoped. And the fact you like your sewing machine must be a relief; I can't see any stitching on the ribbon! :)

Astrids dragon said...

Look at you go, so many great finishes. At first glance, I thought the cute little birds were earrings!