Monday 28 February 2022

Temperature SAL and Februrary round up

My Temperature SAL is to make two cake bands using the flower from Jardin Prive's design. I'm making a winter one using January - March and October - December, and a summer band with April - September. I'm stitching every Sunday for the previous week - my days sit so they follow on. Here's how it works: 


I am quite enjoying my Sunday stitching, each flower is easy to complete whilst watching tv. I find the temperature so interesting especially how some days the day and night temperatures are very close resulting in a petal being all one colour, yet some day the gap between low and high is much bigger covering two colour bands. It is surprising too how quickly another week passes and how many flowers have been stitched. 

My stitching in general is doing well, I am stitching most days and can see my to do list being completed. This year I am stitching many Smalls, mainly the letters for my Alphabet Tree and the Temperature SAL, but also box lid coverings, Needlecraft Haven  exchanges and the JCS Stitch Along ornaments. 

I do have some large projects but not really stitching, more finishing. I am trying to get my tablecloth done with it's hardanger edging. This will be my holiday stitch, unless I have something that needs doing on a time schedule such as an exchange. It's easy to take my tablecloth away as all I need is Perle cotton which fits in my new sewing box and the cloth. I don't need a chart as it's the same design repeated. 

I do find this time of year is when I can get muddled with my blog posting. January's FFO and GG are usually catching up from Christmas, then February straightens out but then I find I am ahead of myself, it's hard to explain but I have a feeling I need to start writing a list in my journal instead of relying on my Finishes page.  I don't record my stitching time but I think a note of which item was blogged when might help, I think this is because I have so many small projects this year - in January I stitched 17 items and in February I have stitched 15.

February has been a difficult month, our daughter who lives in Cardiff caught Covid just before her birthday. We had to postpone our visit to celebrate and of course could not visit because she was isolating, thank goodness for WhatsApp. 

Sadly last week Hubby's mum passed away, it was quite sudden and unexpected so came as a shock to us all, added to by the fact it was 32 years to the day that Hubby's dad passed away. 

Life has been surreal over the last 3 years and it doesn't seem to be getting any better; I feel like I am going from one thing to another - from October 2019 our life has been a round of changes; life changes for us and family members, health, holidays, meeting friends - nothing seems to be as we plan without an upset. This seems to be happening to the world too, my prayers are with Ukraine and it's people, it all seems like a dream or movie at times and to be honest some days I'm finding it quite hard. 

Prayers, hopes and wishes that we all enjoy better times soon, take care x x


8 comments:

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

It's interesting to see how the colours of your flowers differ to mine Clare. Come the summer I'm expecting alot of strong reds in my flowers.
I think you've hit the nail on the head describing how life has been in recent years for many of us.

Mary said...

My condolences to your family on the passing of your husband's Mom. So sad when they pass no matter the age or circumstance. I hope things get better for us all soon. Hugs, Mary

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Your Temperature SAL is looking lovely.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Your Temperature SAL is looking lovely.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I keep a little diary with all my starts, finishes and daily stitching which really helps me stay on track. A spreadsheet might be helpful too.
Especially if you have a lot of smaller pieces, it's how I track my Just Nan Smalls.
My condolences on the loss of your MIL, it does seem to be one thing after another sometimes. Another reason why the little blogging habits are so important, they help keep us grounded.

Faith... said...

I am sorry you are going thru so much. It seems like when one thing happens, everything happens. This has been a crazy few years for so many people and for the entire world. Sometimes I think people have lost their minds! I hope things start to calm down for you soon and things fall back in order again.

Rachel said...

Good luck finding a way of recording your stitching and postings which suits; I'd be lost without my super-duper spreadsheets, but they're not for everyone!
Over the last few years you have definitely taken an unfair share of unfortunate circumstances. Let's hope that's it now, and you can finally experience some smooth sailing. :)

Mary's Thread said...

You have my sympathy on the loss of your mother in law! May she rest in peace and you all find comfort. Your flower temperature band is very pretty though, the colors are flowing nicely!